Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking and checking some and i think nidzilla can still be hard to beat.
I come to this:

HQ
Hive tyrant
Hive tyrant

Elite
2x Hive tyrant guard

Troops
10 Ternagaunts
10 Ternagaunts
10 Ternagaunts
Tervigon
Tervigon
Tervigon

Heavy
3x Carnifex
Trygon
Trygon

~2000 pts?

I mean thats 10 MC´s
12 units that have T6 :O
And can get more scoring units from tervi.
I think i will not play like this myself, to much other fun stuff to play!
Though if i was to face this with my Tau i would be so dead :S

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
That's a try, you could easily do this at lower points as well. Makes for a lot of nasty stuff... But not very fun (IMHO)

·
815 Posts
Yes a TMC list is still viable. More so now that they allow you to take a TMC in every force org slot. Although there is many downsides to taking only TMCs. Dying from instant death is a big one.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Except elites that is;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Nidzilla is still viable, but now we've got more options, but less MCs for the same cost. Carnifexes don't really call out to me as too good anymore, thanks to Wolfs and their JotWW. But every other MC is good stuff. Even fexes, but you're taking a risk with them. 100 points from the enemy will instantly counter almost 500 from yours.

·
815 Posts
Nidzilla is still viable, but now we've got more options, but less MCs for the same cost. Carnifexes don't really call out to me as too good anymore, thanks to Wolfs and their JotWW. But every other MC is good stuff. Even fexes, but you're taking a risk with them. 100 points from the enemy will instantly counter almost 500 from yours.
Yeah, fexes aren't as good as they used to be. Mostly because of the point increase. However for an extra 40 points you can get a deep-striking carnifex that can shoot the turn it lands on the field. A much better option than the foot slogging fex. Granted you're paying 200+ for the DSing carnifex...

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
I have to say dsing a bioplasma fex sound just good fun:p maybe not your best option, but good fun.

Doh, you're right. For some reason I was thinking "Doom" was a MC, even though I knew he wasn't.
Hehe, you could see the Pyrovore as a MC as it ignores armour and comes with a dreanought base, it's just a smal one:p

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
Another potential MC list:

HQ: 350
Tervigon: Catalyst: 175pts

Elites: 240pts
2 Zoanthropes: 120pts

2 Zoanthropes: 120pts

Troops: 675pts

10 Termagants: 50pts

Fast Attack: 340pts
Harpy: HVC, Cluster Spines: 170pts

Harpy: HVC, Cluster Spines: 170pts

Heavy Support: 390pts
Mawloc, Regeneration: 195pts

Mawloc, Regeneration: 195pts

Total: 1995pts
Scoring: 6+spawn
KP: 14+spawn
Models: 43+spawn
MCs: 9 (you can cut the zoans for another)
42 T6 wounds + 8 T5 wounds + 8 T4 wounds + 30+ T3 wounds

I think this one could do decently against a newbie, but it would probably roll over to a good mech list. Its hard to kill, but it lacks hitting power.

For max MCs:

HQ: 320pts:
Tervigon: 160pts

Tervigon: 160pts

Troops: 60pts
3 Rippers: 30pts

3 Rippers: 30pts

Fast Attack: 340pts
Harpy: HVC: 170pts

Harpy: HVC: 170pts

Heavy Support: 1280pts
3xCarnifex: 480pts

3x Carnifex: 480pts

2x Carnifex: 320pts

Total: 2000pts
Scoring: 0
KP: 9
Models: 18
MCs: 12
T6 wounds: 44
T5 wounds: 8
T3 wounds: 18

Its not a very good list, but it does maximize the number of MCs you can take. It might be interesting to try some day. I doubt many people would like to be facing that many MCs.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Would make for some interesting battles and will show you it's probably boring to play with:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts