Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first Warhammer fantasy army list.

Night Goblin Army, 650 points

Night Goblin Bigboss - 34
- Great Weapon

Night Goblins Shaman - 100
- 2 Dispel Scrolls

20 Night Goblins - 100
- Command Group
- Spears

20 Night Goblins - 100
- Command Group
- Spears

20 Night Goblins - 80
- Command Group
- Short Bows

10 Spider Riders - 170
- Command Group
- Short Bows

1 Stone Troll - 60

644 points

yes, this is the battle for skull pass, and i plan to get 1 or 2 more. just two questions i have to ask.

1.) 6 points left, what to spend it on?
2.) are these the best setups for the Heroes?

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Well, if you took the troll as a regular troll instead of stone troll, you'd have some points to buy your bigboss a magic item. That's the only thing I notice given you're constrained to skullpass =)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome to fantasy! Quick note - if you're playing a friend who's using the dwarves from the Skull Pass box, drop the D. Scrolls (dwarves have no magic =P). Also, if you want any casting to actually happen vs. dwarves, prolly ought to get that shammie up to lvl 2 and give him some mushrooms, or the +1 to cast staff. Also, your gobbos will have a lot more clout if you run them in a unit of 30ish (6 wide, 5 deep) some even run more than that (6x6 or 7x5) this will not use all the models you have, but the one unit will kick more butt and open up points to drop on your heroes - some of my favorites are: Martog's Best Basha, Big'eds Kickin' Boots, and Nibbla's 'Itty Ring. The Itty ring will also help sneak more magic past those stuntie dwarves =P. The archers don't really need a command group (again, more points to move around) and I never use spears on my melee gobbos - some would disagree here, but the extra points and extra armor from HW+Shield has always worked out better for me (I clipped the butts off the spears on my B. for Skull Pass gobbos to make them look like little pointy stick... hand weapon... thingies...). Hope this helps! (Kick some dwarven @ss! ^_^)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to do the same thing when i started. The one thing I found soon became a staple in my army was to take a BSB and give them the spider banner then chuck that in with my unit of 20 archers. Was quite effective and annoyed the crap out of my opponent (especially coupled with a fanatic or two to stave of the first charge :p )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.