Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heyy all, I've posted my 500pts warband list up, and I would love some comments on anything as I am a complete noob in case you hadn't noticed :) Here goes:

Goblin Big Boss, light armour, extra HW; 41
Night Goblin BSB, light armour, extra HW; 61

29x night goblins (HW), 2 fanatics, full command; 157
29x night goblins (HW), 2 fanatics, full command; 157
7x night goblins (Bows); 21

Goblin wolf chariot, extra crew member; 63

Total: 500 Should I make any changes? cheers

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
The only immediate problem I can spot is that you can't have a unit of 8 arrow lads. Minimum unit size is 20 for gobbos.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
it was edited after that Gazzer :p

but um do warbands not have special rules that allow smaller units than normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes in warband you are allowed 4+ models in a standard infantry unit no matter what it says in the army book, but you cant have command unless you have the number needed in the rule book

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quik question:
when charging a unit you can only flank charge if you are in that units flank arc.
say if you had two units next to each other, around two inches apart,
and one got charged head on.
could you flank charge the enemy unit,
as its front is already taken by your other unit,
and even though you were not in the flank arc of that unit?

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
im not sure if i get the situation right x_x

if you are in front arc and can see the unit, then you can charge it and you clip next to your other unit. Sharing the front with both your units.
you may only charge the flank if you are in the flank arc.

if your unit is looking at the flank and cannot see the front, then you can only charge the flank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I get what you mean... I've just got a picture so everyone knows what i'm trying to talk about :S :)

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
yes in warband you are allowed 4+ models in a standard infantry unit no matter what it says in the army book, but you cant have command unless you have the number needed in the rule book
where did this 4+ model rule come from? That'll make the model count too low to have any use even in a game of 500 points. I usually go for the Border Patrol rules where all FOC bonuses and restrictions apply from the relevant rulebook with the exception of having, 1 Hero, up to 3 core choices, 1 Special and 1 Rare. Where, 1 Hero and 1 Core are natually compulsory

I don't know where you got these 'Warband' rules from but they're not in the rulebook from my recollection, unless they are some sort of a revamp of the Border Patrol rules? Either way, I'd imagine that the normal restrictions still apply, 20 Gobbos minimum.

It still only costs 80 points for a unit of 20 shortbow-armed Night Gobbos, so it's doesn't need a complete list makeover :).

I think I get what you mean... I've just got a picture so everyone knows what i'm trying to talk about :S :)
Unit A's LOS is limited to it's frontal arc (which is limited to 45 degrees either side of the unit), from what I see here is a pretty tough situation where:

1. You have the whole unit in the frontal arc of the enemy unit, AND

• Unit A's LOS can only see the Flank of the enemy unit.

I don't have the rulebook with me, but I know the rules say that if the unit can see the enemy unit (even if it is a small part of it) you can declare a charge on it. BUT unit A is in fact in the enemy unit's frontal arc, which means it can only be charged in the front.
By doing this physically, there must be an exposed model in the enemy unit that is either left out of the combat or just partially in it, if there's no space to place even a single model of unit A in base-to-base contact then it simply counts as a failed charge

For unit A to charge the Flank, it will have to be mostly within the arc of either flank in order to do so.

Hope this Helps :)

-Kai-Itza-

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
i have no idea what the actual rule is, but if this happen in game i would try keep it simple and just wheel the 'A' unit into the flank.

(and then if my opponent objects i make him eat his models till he likes the idea) -do not try this at home-

kai itza's idea might fit the rules better though. it sounds convincing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that you might get a nasty taste of plastic in your mouth, but apart from that I'm sure the GW paint won't do too much harm...
Thanks to kai itza and you digger, because I really had no idea about that problemo. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts