Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I've got a couple of friendly games coming up, and I was wondering what you guys thought of this army to face of against enemies at 1000 and 1500pts

1000pts

Chaos Daemon Prince: 161pts
- Daemonic Stature
- Daemonic Flight
- Daemonic Aura
- Daemonic Mutation
- Daemonic Strength
- Dreadaxe
- CCW

1 Obliterator: 70pts

8 Chaos Marines (1 AC): 182pts
1 Melta gun
Infiltrate
MOCU
AC with power fist
All armed with BP and CCW

1 Melta gun
Infiltrate
MOCU
AC with power fist

6 Raptors (1 AC): 258pts
2 Meltaguns
Furious Charge
Infiltrate
AC with Daemonic Strength and Power Weapon

3 Bikes (1 AC): 150pts
2 Meltaguns
AC with powerfist

Total: 1003pts

1500pts

As above but add:

1 Obliterator: 70pts

4 Bikes (1 AC): 184pts
2 Meltaguns
AC with powerfist

8 Havocs: 240pts
Infiltrate
Tank Hunters
4 Missile Launchers

Let me know :ninja:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Okay it all looks good except the bikes. The squads are too small and will be blown away. Rather make one bigger one of 5 maybe? then use the rest of the points to make another raptor squad. Havocs... Me likes autocannons... they shood do a better all round job. The prince looks okay but maybe take a pistol instead of a ccw and rather take a dark blade.

·
706 Posts
well, i dont have much experience with chaos myself (being or against) but ill give it a try. i personally think that obliterators rock! the times i faced them, they ripped me apart! so i would say to drop the bikes, since youll be getting up close with infiltrators and jetpacks anyways. i would use those points to take obliterators instead. i would also give each chaos squad a rocket launcher if possible, to have some anti-tank in each squad, just in case. other than that, i cant think of anything else. good luck!

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How does this look then?

1000pts

Chaos Daemon Prince: 161pts
- Daemonic Flight
- Daemonic Aura
- Daemonic Strength
- Dark Blade
- CCW
- Infiltrate
- Furious Charge

1 Melta gun
Infiltrate
MOCU
AC with power fist

1 Melta gun
Infiltrate
MOCU
AC with power fist

2 Meltaguns
Furious Charge
Infiltrate

5 Bikes (1 AC): 218pts
2 Meltaguns
AC with powerfist

Total: 1001pts

1500pts

Add the following:

8 Havocs: 240pts
Infiltrate
Tank Hunters
4 Autocannons

2 Meltaguns
Furious Charge
Infiltrate

Let me know :ninja:

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
The thing with that Statured guy is tyhat it's he and the Bikers that are deployed at start. The others infiltrate.
This will make every gun in the opponents army facing his direction, He must make it across the board to be that hard hitting. Chances are he'll be more like hardfalling:cry: .

I know S8 is tempting, you could drop Daemonic Mutation in favour of Furious Charge, and it would still be availible.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Doesn't look to shabby but I must agree with removing stature for infiltrate. By getting there sooner you wont need the extra attacks. also without being close and if you had stature you woulkd be a fire magnet.

I prefer autocannons but it is up to you with your havocs. Also if they are to infiltrate in for a fire base give 'em stealth adept.

edit-- ahh sorry you edited it just before I posted... okay looks fine... Give it a go in a game. You can always make slight alterations for personal preference but this should get you through :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts