Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if you could give these guys a quick run over.

Chaos lord- 125 pts
-power weapon
-deamonic strength
-chaos bike with meltagun

10 chaos space marines- 226 pts
-bolt pistols/CCWs
-champion with P-fist
-rhino with smoke launchers and X-armour

10 chaos space marines- 218 pts
-bolters
-2 plasmaguns
-rhino with smoke launchers and X-armour

9 chaos space marines- 140pts
-bolters
-heavy bolter
-stealth adept

9 chaos space marines- 140pts
-bolters
-heavy bolter
-stealth adept

9 raptors- 291pts
-3 meltaguns

6 chaos bikers- 242pts
-1 meltagun
-champion with P-fist

Chaos predator- 121pts
-Autocannon
-heavy bolter sponsons
-pintle mounted combi bolter
-searchlight.

total: 1503 pts
47 infantry, 7 bikes, 3 tanks.

so, how is it? the combi bolter on the pred is filler, any suggestions for 10 pts better used and ill take it. also remember its a no marks, no deamons list. i may change my mind in the future but i want to try this first.

in between the heavy bolter squads and the predator, they make my main anti swarm firebase. everything else is going mobile, with both the raptors and the bikes hoping to get early rear armour shots, then charging appropritate squads. the rhino squads are for mobility, claiming quaters/objectives and helping the raptors and bikers out.
this is my eldar heratige coming out, so instead of going all shooty or all assaulty im doing some of both. shouldnt be a problem. comments?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought that to use the night lords rules you needed Mark of Chaos undivided.

·
Registered
788 Posts
where's the love for raptors and infiltrating? looks more like a black legion list:(

Oh well my preferences aside, it looks okay.

I would drop the rhinos and replce plasmas for meltas and replace bolters for ccw and pistols in the melta groups.. drop 2 or 3 raptors to make a squad of 6/7, infiltrate everything but the bikes(obviously) and the tank... reconsider the tank. drop the bolter 'poit filler' to aid the cost of infiltrating. note- the tank will be a firing magnet, rather sub it for points for infiltrating, furious charge on raptors... rather use your heavy spot for havocs with 4 heavy bolters or autocannons(autocannons better IMO) and drop the two other squads wit Heavy bolters for more raptors maybe... The list as it is is fine but could be more night lord-ish IMO.

*No, you do not HAVe to take the marks, they are optional and cost points(not many)...hope that helps

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Point taken

hmm, points taken dodge but my idea was a force that could serve as black leigon and didnt rely too much on infiltrating. the force is supposed to be an all rounder, i guess i could play black leigon but i like the night lords colour scheme (but not the bat helmets. shudder) besides, i like tanks:shifty:.

swaping the plasma guns for melta guns and giving them CCWs/B-pistols is an option ill consider though, could be handy. thanks for that.

·
Registered
788 Posts
oh and how could I forget... if you can, squash an oliterator or two in there... GRRHH!
Okay but then in that case only change the troops. IMO I'm not happy with the troops but again, personal preference...

·
Spiky
768 Posts
This is a balanced Night lord Army. Here are my comments :

1 - Since your lors will be on a bike an probably joining the bike unit, you don't need it to be a lord. A lieutenant would be as good, but 15 points less. Being in a squad prevent hit from specificaly being picked up as a target.

2 - I suggest that your second Rhinos Squad would be better if they were equipped with bolt pistol and CCW. Rhinos are usefull to go melee fast, use it adequatly.

3 - I suggest you use 1 less raptor and buy an champion instead and equip it to deal with dreadnoughts or other walkers. If you ever get caught melee with a dread, this squad is relatively dead (i know they are equipped with krak grenades, but you'll need 6 to hit and 6 to glance).

4 - Your bikes are good, but why not 2 x 3 bikes squads ? You'll be more flexible.

5 - Your predator should be equiped with lascannons sponsons, better chance to kill tanks. Your current configuration is better used against infantry, but your whole army is built to fight against infantry.

6 - If you intend to use your raptors as tank hunters, you should give them infiltration. But I would disagree with the idea of tank hunting with raptors, bikes are best suited to this purpose and they have the turbo boost option that allows them to reach any unit on the table in the second turn. Raptors are best used as melee support unit because of their weaponry and jump mobility.

Your list is good, I would win 5/8 games with your current configuration. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MindRaked said:
3 - I suggest you use 1 less raptor and buy an champion instead and equip it to deal with dreadnoughts or other walkers. If you ever get caught melee with a dread, this squad is relatively dead (i know they are equipped with krak grenades, but you'll need 6 to hit and 6 to glance).
Couldn't they just hit-and-run out of combat? It would be very useful in this case because they can't harm the dreadnought

·
Spiky
768 Posts
pro_necron said:
Couldn't they just hit-and-run out of combat? It would be very useful in this case because they can't harm the dreadnought
A dread will be able to fight back before they can fall back and this mean that they will loose an average of 2 models in each combat phase. Basic Raptor is equiped with Krak and Frag grenade, which means it can damage a dread on a to hit of 6 (unless immobilised) and a penetration roll of 6.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
MindRaked said:
A dread will be able to fight back before they can fall back and this mean that they will loose an average of 2 models in each combat phase. Basic Raptor is equiped with Krak and Frag grenade, which means it can damage a dread on a to hit of 6 (unless immobilised) and a penetration roll of 6.
How will the Dreadnought be killing an average of 2 models? Just wondering.

WS4 means that half of its attacks hit... meaning, since it has two attacks, one will hit. That one has a 1/6 chance of missing... while not much, it's something. Dreads aren't that dangerous in CC. I'm sure a large-ish Raptor squad could take a Dread's hits quite easily before being able to use Hit & Run.

So, on average, a total of two Raptors have a chance of dying. That's the total, for both assault phases.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Spiky
768 Posts
(Chaos) Dread Have 3 attacks*, +1 if assaulting = 4 attacks. Usualy, based on my experience, it kills 2 models of whatever it is charging. Still based on my experience, Dread are realy realy hard to stop. You will eventualy stun or shake it, but you'll get stuck in melee with it for a long time and you will loose an average of 2 models turn.

* I don't know about SM Dread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts