Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know which one to start night lords :ph34r: or thousand sons :w All help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
it depends on which one you could actually stomach fielding?

they are both the ugliest armies in 40k so its down to ugly bat ears of the huge mummie headresses.

if its rules wise do you like mindless killing machines with huge amounts of magic? or sneaky blades in the night slitting your throat...with bat ears..

·
Registered
664 Posts
You don't have to field bat ears, I was about to play night lords, but they were too expensive for my tastes, thousand sons are quite expensive as well.

·
Registered
464 Posts
the bat ears are'nt ugly! They rule! The ugliest things are chaos termies and furies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The bat ears are what turned me away from Night Lords. i'd say go with Thousand Sons simply because they look so much cooler. B)

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Nah, dont drop off of NL just cos of the wings. Get some usual CSM, and paint them up in Night Lords colours like they show in the back of the CSM codex. Quite funky.

·
Registered
841 Posts
NOTHING says that u have to use batman marines to use nightlords
you can easily use just chaos space marines and paint them regal blue use them as night lords
but thousand sons have better fluff :)

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
night lords if you want to assault, thousand sons if you wanna shoot

·
Registered
969 Posts
Basically... if you want two wounds per space marine and not very many heavy weapons on marines go with Thousand Sons. If you want night lords then you can't summon any daemons/greater daemons (although you can use princes), and the ability to use any type of unit you want. I would suggest using the Thousand Sons marines first because there is no better way to learn than by jumping in the deep end.

·
418 Posts
hey man thousand sons are cool!
they are very cool models, the 2 armies you picked are very different
nightlords for fast assault
thousand sons for slow shooty
and furies are mediocre (2 out of 5 stars)
chaos termies are awesome! WHat the hell are you talking about?
now, archive raptors are >ugh<
also, the chaplain in termy armor could use some beauty tips

·
Registered
353 Posts
Night lords are alot more flexable then 1k sons, and can get a very nice skill (stealth adept) which I highly recomnd to put on your stationary (usally shooty) squads. Night lords are generrly more vet skill heavy(least how I play)
1k sons are VERY resilant (two wounds apeice is nice) though very slow. Generly more shooty, and fewer in number.
so baiscly, slow n shooty or fast and assaulty

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thousand sons walk, take on a lot of punishment, while just keeping the boltgun trigger down, emptying entire magazines into a single unit.
Night Lords, fast moving night seeing MOTHA****AS, Hey I even read they use nukes Before they attack to blacken the sky,

·
Registered
196 Posts
Night Lords rock. Hey the new bat winged helmets look frickin awesome. The old bat winged helmets on the other hand looked hideous. Beats the hell out of lookin like king tut. Night lords are more versatile then 1k sons by far. Not to mention their story is alot cooler I think. They are more like humans then any other chaos chapter as they still believe in a strategic war rather then a big blood frenzy.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I definately agree, but the reason I didn't play them was because my vision of night lords was all bikes, raptors and squads in rhinos, so I decided to go black legion, but if it's any consolation they would be my second choice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
TS rule! 2 wounds each means they can absoloutly last 4 ages! Read the "Battle of the Titans" battle report and see how many my chosen killed! :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
out of them 2, definitly thousand sons. can you imagine a heap of chosen sorcerors v ulthwe. how cool would that be. but in the long run, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.