Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the nightbringer they say that its the most powerfull mini in the game of warhammer 40K. I cannot disargree whit that.... does anny one knows an stronger mini???

·
Registered
664 Posts
lol, the foot of doom, say u dont have a table to play on, u play on the floor, if you accidentally step on him, technically hes not all THAT powerful

·
Registered
144 Posts
i think that sniper riffles really make a mockery of the nightbringer. The nightbringer cant get anywhere near a unit of sniper riffles. The nightbringers main defence just like a wratihlord is its high toughness.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
isn't nightbringer fearless

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yes, but it's not the ability to pin which makes sniper rifles useful against Ol'Nighty, but their ability to bypass its extremely high toughness. Five marines are harder to kill with sniper rifles than a C'tan.

jwu

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Go for sniper rifles and everything else that has more than 8 in str.
Anything goes, just give it time..."then add water, stir, and serve chilled..."

I think that just given time, anything abouve str. 6 should be able to take him down.

But for you own sake when you use him, send him towards the really expencive models of the enemy, most likely he will make a nice read soup out of them without getting hurt himself...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
His strenght?

However, his strenght and toughness don't matter at all if he gets hit by sniper rifles or wraithcannons. Ol'Nighty will get wounded on 4+, there is nothing to argue about this.

In case of a 1 vs 1 fight there are two candidates who have a chance: Abbadon, who has a decent chance to instakill Nightbringer with Drach'Nyen, and Asdrubael Vect, who will just blast him with lances and disintegrators from far away (and who is fast enough to stay out of Ol'Nighty's effective range).

jwu

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yay!
Abbadon can kill him...
A nice lot of ordinance will also take a toll on the bastard...
I saw him in battle once he was bought down by massive... I say MASSIVE amounts of tau heavy firepower. Like massive in 3xhammerheads with railcannon solid shot and a whole lot of battlesuits with the same...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Believe in what they say about Snipers ! :)

I can testify, I used them and got the NBG in 1 turn ! 5 shots, 5 hits, and 3 missed saved.

That's why I now always have my rattlings destroyed right from the start by wraiths :(

Kryss

·
Registered
26 Posts
THe Nightbrigner is good. He's the best, but like you said his 6" movement will be the cause of his death. I mean 5 wounds, S10, T8, 3+ Invul(I think),4+ save. And then you get to his movement.lol.....6 inches.lol, that's an insult. I eman the guy can fly, walk threw walls and all this other stuff, but he can only move 6 inches. Now he does have Lightning Arc, it's S9, but can shoot 24". If you could have the lord use VoD and teleport the NB, that would work..but you can't.lol, ANd ofr the amount he costs you could ahve like 2 whole squads of warriors.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You have to remember, even if Abaddon slays the Nightbringer in CC, he instantly takes an S6 No-Armor-Save wound. And the C'tan has frag grenades so he would hit Abaddon simultaneously. So there's another simo-kill scenario...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.