Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAs anyone ever thought of not taking any gk as troops or fast just storm troopers. Ull have so many points left over it aitn funny.(well not really but who knows). It could solve problems with tanks and stuff since u can have meltas and things. PLus ( im not shure) u can field more terminators and Maby A tank or 2 Maby!!! :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
well then it wouldnt be a pure GK army would it? it'd be a bloody inquisitor led army...

and yer it would be so hilarious to see an army without GK.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
i don't think it would work, to tell you the truth. I've never seen it done, that's for sure. Someone should give it a try

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh heheh :lol: well well i thought ppl would flame the crap outa me for suggesting such a thing but hey u sometimes have to deviate from what something is meant to do to make work. PErsonally i do like the grey knights alot but the fact u can get 2 1/2 stormers for 1 gk i think it can make it. U might not have the storm bolters or the nemesis but hey thats why i suggested putting in more terminaotrs to make up for it. The terms meant to deep strike and hold ppl of while the stormers charg in with there rhino and plasma/ hellgun away. They have a bs 4 so u still get kinda space marine quality. +4 armor is good enouph for there Cheap amount of Points. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
actually it can work quite well. then you can use daemon hosts... and they are really decent at killing units NOT designed for CQB. guard in rino's with meltaguns are awsome tank/terminator killers... in chimmera's with plasmaguns are good marine/infantry killers.. and boy if you can get your hands on some valkyries you have awsome AIR MOBILE capabuility. soooo good at taking table quarters.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats a valkyrie?? and thank u somone acually agrees hmm maby i should buy those models to bad they t just as much the same in $ as gk

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Valkyrie is a forgeworld flyer that transports troops... think "we were soldiers" they are not too much in points and are more than worth it. $$ on the other hand... like all forgeworld stuff its up there.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/valkyrie.htm

but like i said i use 1 or 2 of them in every game and i have yet to loose a game with my daemon hunters. i also won the Eye of Terror in my local GW with daemon hunters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey sockmonkey...is the Valkyrie inducted in your daemonhunter army? If so...do you take any other IG or space marines? In the daemonhunter codex it doesn't say anything about em...so I'm assuming it's inducted. Does everyone you play with have to agree that you can use it or is it official? Just wondering...I'm new..and would like to employ such a tasty tactic...but I'd like to have the answers to the questions that would inevitably come my way if I were to field that piece of equipment.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have some thoughts about doing a none GK Demonhunters army, 'cause i want a radical inquisitor, some Deamon Hosts and inducted IG and if you want deamon hosts you cant have GK....
Ohhh, and i have totally surrender to the taint of Chaos....

·
Registered
178 Posts
its a storm trooper/kazrkin transport upgrade. i use it all the time and to my knowlege you dont need to ask permission as it is not a VDR construct. it isnt inducted and i have just found out you can use it for an inquisitor and retinue!!! hahah imagine! 3 warrriors with melta guns, 3 acolites with plasma pistols or combi meltaguns...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey its me lunerwolves i just made a new account cuase i was so mad at my mom that i changed from daemon hunters to necrons. Anyone know is it legal to bring grey knights that are pretty beat up. My mom dropped a tollbox full of really heavy tools on my grey knights. Some are bent in half some r broken into peices. If if itsnt legal or something im gona end up changing to necrons cuase atleast they got plastic models :angry:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ohh well i can at least say they r the grey knights mutated by chaos trying in all ther heart to prove they are still loyal( stupid mutation of the nemesis is bent back wards and the head cracked in half) :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
dood that really sux. but look at it this way if you take up marines or guard... you have MAD conversion fodder and any that can be salvaged can be allies.

DONT ABANDON THE EMPEROR!!!! LEST YOU BE DEEMED DIABOLUS!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
was the dropping of the tools on purpose?
no i was gona transport my army to scholl to play a 1000 point skirmish with my friends and i placed them a box. MY mother in all her wisdom thought it was an empty box so she opened it up and dropped the box indside of it with out looking. She only found out she crushed my army when she heard repetative snapping she says. HERE IS A LESSSON IN THIS DONT EVER LEAVE UR ARMY OUT IN A PLACE WHERE UR MOTHER CAN GET A HAND ON THEM :angry:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ALSO IM PRETTY SHURE IF SHE KNEW WHAT WAS IN THERE SHE WOULDNT HAVE PUT THE BOX INSIDE . SHE JUST LOST ALOT ****ING $. AND I LOST AN ARMY I SPENT A SUMMER TO PAINT. IM A CRAPPY PAINTER

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.