Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the rules in the army book, and it mentioned that while its typically imagined to resemble a chariot, there is no hard and fast rule that it *has* to be a chariot; in fact, its stats very greatly resemble a Chaos Warrior, just with alot of wounds, attacks, and a higher toughness value. It doesn't even follow the chariot rules anyway....

I'm trying to think outside of the box here; what other ideas can you guys think of to represent a warshrine, without it being a chariot-like contraption?

Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Some form of massive super spawn, gifted beyond measure by the gods?

An enslaved and mutilated Giant, bound to carry a massive icon to the gods?

Similar to the above, a Stegadon with the shine on its back?

A cloud of pure Chaos energy, syphoned from the Eye and bound to its master?

·
Registered
90 Posts
A heavily converted corpsecart is a good place to start i think.
Allthough if that's to chariot-like, then perhaps a... Shaggoth, heavily converted and blessed, or wahtever, it can be anything chaosy you know. :) If you're making it nurgle, then how about using Epidemus from the Daemon range? If converted he could be awesome ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I chopped the head off of a plastic steggie and attached the upper portion of a giant to make my shaggoth shrine bearer. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it and it is pretty cool, if I do say so myself, although expensive to make.

I'd would like to see someone make a shrine based off of the new plague furnace model, it looks 100% badass as-is, and a little bit of tasteful chaos-ification could go a long way towards making a new "standard" warshrine conversion. In my opinion, skip the corpse cart option; it really just looks like some vamps showed up to your party uninvited.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would think something along the lines of a mix between the old Empire War Wagon / Bretonian Grail Reliquae.

The image in the army book makes it look like a fairly simple conversion.

Standard Chariot with no crew
Remove the bulky front and side sections and replace with spikes and chaos wheels, flaming torches etc (for a broken less solid feel) lots of eye candy added on to bulk it up and look special
Pile a load of skulls where crew would be
Chaos Standard jammed in the pile of skulls that spits magical energies

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
In the 3rd edition Warhammer Armies book, teh war shrine looked like the throne of power, or ark of the covenenant in the illustration - carried by two chaos warriors, one at the frnt, one behind. that might look ok, and would certainly fir on either a cavalry base or a monster base.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used the old empire war waggon with the front side open pulled by 2 chaos spawns. In the wagon is a pile of skulls. On top of the skulls are 4 older nurgling models (painted like bronze statues) holding up a little platform with the bone armored tzeentch champion model reading a book on a stand (old hero quest bit). Still finalizing the paint on the Chaos Spawns, but it is coming along nicely.

I am currently working on a warshrine conversion with a corpse cart pulled by a dark pegasus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! Its one of my favorite conversions.

For those out there that need ideas for another warshrine conversion.... I think the new Skaven Screaming Bell model would be a great base for a warshrine conversion. I would do some kind of daemon possessed (so nothing pulling it) warshrine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I figure you can remove the rats and put some sort of cool Chaos Icon in between the arched gateway looking thing in the middle. Thats as far as I got when i was thinking about that conversion before i decided to go with a converted corpse cart pulled by a dark Pegasus.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
I used a corpse-cart, and turned the curved 'ribs' outwards like wings. I hung all kinds of severed heads, chains, skins, skulls, bells, and cleavers from the ribs, and ran a chain from the uprights in the back (that hold the bell up) down to the 'wings'. In the back I put a pile of burning skulls, as though their having the flesh cooked off to be used for the skull-throne.
Currently it's being pulled by a Cold One, but I'm planning to switch that for the daemonic steed in the Nurgle Lord pack, when I get the cash.

I think that using an Ogre or 40k Dreadnought as a base for some kind of golem would be cool. They already have the Juggernaut as a construct, and use Chaos Dwarf artificiers with their HellCannon, so why not have a dreadnought type thing walking around, covered in glyphs and runes and made to look like something baroque. He'd be like a walking shrine to the gods.

Runs off with idea...

·
555 Posts
I was thinking of using the forge world Eldar Avatar.

I mark my shrines Slaanesh, so the model fits quite nicely, super pumped Slaanesh Exalted hero who didn't quite turn into a Daemon Prince, but still manages to impress.

But I'm afraid how it will look, due to the difference in quality of the models (avatar vs rest of the army) and because I'm dipping the rest of the army (I've seen a gorgeously dipped DE army so it can be done to "human" models) I'm just reluctant to dip such a beauty.

I prefer not to use a "war machine" model for shrine, just for the sake of being different.
And it gives me an excuse to get the FW Avatar, lol.

edit:

I just remembered the Cherubael model from the Inquisitor range. I think that would make an excellent Shrine model. You can easily add straps to it that other Warriors/Marauders/Daemons are holding, making it look like they direct the Shrine into battle.

lol, I think Ill go for that one, I might actually have that model lying round somewhere.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.