Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm trying hard to think of what fantasy army to start now that my group is returning to fantasy and I like the looks of dwarves. But the whole "Spam cannons to win" dont seem very fun, so I was curious, Can you make a non gunline army, That dosent have many warmachines for a non competetive enviorment?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yes you can i made a cool shield wall army that was suprisingly effective. What you looking for? some range no range? hit hard? soak up? ofc by not taking range you will be taking yourself out of 2 phases of the game.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I realy like the dwarf models but dont like tons of warmachines. So I was thinking mostly melee, With a few crossbows or rifles, Maybe one or two warmachines at most, And a gyro copter or two. I want a survivable force, That can deal damage.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
What points level you looking to be playing in?

If you are going to get any range 2 organ guns both with cheap engineers (gw rune of stone) and rune of accuracy one will need a rune of burning after that core as long beards gw and 2 units of iron breakers 2 gyros one for each flank a rune priest for each unit again cheap (rune of stone gw the general one who goes in central long beards gets rune of stone 2 runes of fortitude the one that gives 5+ ward +1 tough) and and thane bsb gw master Rune of grungi gives all units in range a 5++ against shooting and combined with the priests a 4++ against damaging magic.

Force like this is about 2.5k

Hope this is helpful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts