Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if this has been covered or not before, but here goes.

Can DA players have non ravenwing bikes and speeders?
I'm thinking mainly Chapter organisation on this one, as The Ravenwing are an entire company in themselves and when a Marine army is used, generally speaking they are all from one company, maybe with Terminators. Does that mean then that 3rd company has no bikes or speeders?
If so, I gather the points are altered accordingly?

Apologies if this is in the Codex DA. I am toying with the idea of buying it but aren't they releasing a new one soon?

·
Registered
327 Posts
you CAN take non ravenwing models at the cost listed in codex space marines, these models do not have any bonuses or ravenwing modifiers, just bikes or landspeeders so don't paint them black.

I guess I just never saw the point of losing the bonuses for a difference of around 5 points.

·
Registered
156 Posts
While all termies are Deathwing termies, not all Landspeeders and Bikes are Ravenwing. :p

Check the codex, sample armies have green landspeeders.

However, it does look cooler with 3 colors...

And you have no idea what might come out next codex.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Non-ravenwing bikers are 8 points cheaper than ravenwing, and the only difference is the 6+ inv save and skilled rider. Yay. Besides, normal bike squads use the new attack bikes and not the 2+ save ones. This is IMO better since you get an extra wound while still taking a 3+ save. In a squad of 5 bikers you save 40 points, not too bad eh?

Another thing, Ravenwing Veteran Sergeants can't take stubborn but what about normal bike sergeants? :O

Land Speeders should always be Ravenwing however, since it doesn't cost you any extra points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts