Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, first off, thanks for reading this. I'm pretty much completely new to the 40k hobby, and I decided to pick up eldar.

I recently bought the set containing 12 guardians+heavy weapons, 5 dire avengers, a war walker, and a falcon. My real question is, where do I go next if I want to build a 500 pt, 750 pt list. I've heard that guardians are somewhat useless, but I don't wanna ditch what I already have. Sooo, basically of what I have what should I buy, what should I leave behind, what units are useful in a small game etc. Also I've heard something about Ulthwe having good guardians and was wondering what choosing an ulthwe army entailed.

Thanks for your time in advance.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
welcome to the ever frustrating world of eldar!

I think you mean you got a wave serpeant. If you bought the battleforce set. Dont worry the wave serpeant has 10x more use than a falcon. ;)

Guardians are not useless, exspecially in a low point list. If you are only going to play 750 pts. use the guardians to hold your home objective. If you dont know what this is yet, you will.

The next you will want to do. is pick up the eldar codex if you havent already.

Then from here, you must have an HQ choice. I personally recommend and prefer a farseer. You will see the box sets with warlocks included, at 750pts you will not need this box set, however if you ever plan on playing bigger games, warlock councils are absolutely tough.

I assume you want to build a force using the models you already have....

This being the case....

I would def recommend going on ebay and looking for someone else who bought the battle set but does not want the 5 dire avengers that came with it. You will most likely want a full squad of 10.

War walkers can be good, exspecially in low point games, I would suggest picking up another one. Be sure you read the rules involving Scouts and outflanking, this will become your primary use for them.

You may also want to consider buying another Wave serpeant or a fire prism...or both.

A bare boned prism is cheap points wise and devastatingly strong.

If you decide you want another wave serpeant, you will probably want to pick up a box of banshees and stick that farseer with them in the wave serpeant. Give them doom(psychic power) and go hunting.

I have never played a list at 750 pts, and I see people struggling to make good ones. But What I can offer you is advice to build a pretty solid core.

Farseer w/Doom
10DA w/exarch and bladestorm, in Wave serpeant
10 Guardians w/weapon of your choice
6 Banshees w/exarch and mirror swords and acrobatics, in wave serpeant

Then you can put your war walker in there and probably want to add another. Remember to take them as 2 seperate Heavy support slots and to be careful how many points you spend arming them.

Good luck!:drink:

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
The extra avengers can be used for making extra Exarch models, so that you can have access to more options when kitting out the rest of the Dire Avengers in your army (because boy are they worth buying). Just a tip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ericisyourname, for the very helpful advice.

Ill be on my way to playing 40k very soon, and Ill be sure to follow your tips.

Cheers:beer:!
----------
Yeah and you were right its a wave serpeant my bad

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
No problem, Have fun purchasing models. lol.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me via pm or just post another thread. I check the boards often..(ok so I use the boards while at work):drink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts