Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dark coloured marks have appeared on my blue carpet that weren't there before. Consensus of opinion is that they are drops of Chaos Black spray paint brought in from my garage when I was spraying Black Ark Corsairs.

The marks are now dry.

Has anyone got advice regarding removal of said marks, whether it be elbow grease, removal fluids etc?

I am in the UK if any brand names are being mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

My wife is being quite understanding - at the moment!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I would like to know too

i tried some house hold clearer stuff - you know the usuall kitchen/bathroom stuff- lightened them a bit but couldn't get rid of them

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Any reason this is in the TK forum? ill report it for you to get it shifted somewhere more useful...

*damn my lack of thread moving powers!*
Use the Force, Phoenix. Stretch out with your feelings. You may be surprised at what you can achieve.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My wife is being quite understanding - at the moment!
Ooooh... that's always a bad sign isn't it? She's likely planning to leave you of course. :secret:

But I'm probably just kidding. ;)

Sadly it's far too late now to blame the cat/dog/kids/global warming, but If the marks are not too big or deep into the pile then your best bet (since the've already dried in) is to carefully trim the spots off with scissors or the edge of a blade.

Failing that, ASDA are selling a dozen red roses for just £4. So long as you remember to take the price tag off and moan about the 'disgraceful price of flowers these days' then you should be in the clear. :)

Until the flowers die. Then you'll have to buy her some shoes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Could be worse. I somehow managed to get little flecks of chaos black spraypaint all over the back of my tyranid codex. Now I can't look at the pretty pictures.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Could be worse. I somehow managed to get little flecks of chaos black spraypaint all over the back of my tyranid codex. Now I can't look at the pretty pictures.
I had my tiger tank drive down pages from my Flames of War book, making little VROOOOM noises, until i saw the black line this made on the pages :|

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a incident with a pot of golden yellow slipping out of my hands when I unscrewed the top (citadel colour pot with only the screw on tops). Got all over the plastic shades and the carpet. After it dried the shades was no problem but the carpet....I just took a box cutter to all the little specks on the carpet, not fun.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Eep! Not good. A lot of this depends on the type of carpet. If they are SMALL black marks, you could try simply cutting free the offending bits.

If that's not an option, try that link mentioned higher up, but bear in mind that while GW PAINTS are water-based, the PRIMER is not.

How noticeable is this stuff? You could hire a professional, if all else fails.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just use Grease Lighting if they have that in the UK

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Buy a new sofa and place it over the marks. My house has two sofas in the bathroom and one on the stairs :p.
You have carpet in your bathroom?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Buy a new sofa and place it over the marks. My house has two sofas in the bathroom and one on the stairs :p.
haha, two sofas in the bathroom? your joking right? and what do the other occupants of the house think about it?
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kinda suprised that your not asking about the Sofa that is actually ON THE STAIRS :p! We have a crazy house, lets leave it at that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if you have it over there or anything like it but there is a product called OxiClean if you get the regular old powdered formula and mix it up with warm water I've taken permanent marker completely out of things before so I know it will do paint as well.

Just pour it on and let it set for like 15 min and then use fresh water and keep pressing dry towels on top to pull out all the moisture, repeat if it doesn't work the first time. It's a pain in the butt, but works magic on hard stains.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Kinda suprised that your not asking about the Sofa that is actually ON THE STAIRS :p! We have a crazy house, lets leave it at that.
You paint on the stairs? And in the bathroom??? Crazy ain't the word :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts