Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may just be me but I have picked up a lot of bloodhound viruses from LO over the year. Norton 360 does a good job of catching them and quaritining them and it does show what address the virus was picked up at and each of the bloodhounds came from LO. I had to rebuild my system this past weekend because my system had slowed down from all the quaritines. Is anybody else having this problem????

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
I haven't gotten any 'viruses' per se, but I have had pop up windows in the past, and it may be possible that I got some spyware from the site, although I'm not sure.

In any case, it all stopped after I got the 'no script' add on for firefox. Just google 'firefox' if you don't have it and then look for 'no script'. It's free, and it works wonders for blocking malicious software. Otherwise if you're having trouble with slowdown, I'd try 'spybot' or 'ad-aware' for removing spyware.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for moving this post there. I didn't even notice that section. Thanks again.

replying to the reply#2, my comp was slowing down due to the fact that there was over a hundred plus bloodhounds quaritined. Once I reinstalled the operating system and started over my comp has ran faster since. The antivirus software also has a spyware detection and blocker running. I didn't see that there were any spyware deleted from the daily scans.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
I'd just like to add that I've gotten several trojans and malicious attacks while browsing LO. Primarily in Opera 10. Firewall or AV usually picks it up but it's become a paint to the point where I'm having to use Firefox with NoScript. I would like to be able to use my regular browser, so can anything be done?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
If you guys could, post up the exact messages / file names / any other relevant data any time this happens. I'm running Firefox on Mac OSX Snow Leopard without the NoScript add on, and I have had no issues whatsoever. I haven't had any issues with LO, period, when it comes to malware or viruses.
That's probably cos OSX is Unix based. I'm the same, I'm running firefox in ubuntu (linux) and have had no trouble at all.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
If you guys could, post up the exact messages / file names / any other relevant data any time this happens. I'm running Firefox on Mac OSX Snow Leopard without the NoScript add on, and I have had no issues whatsoever. I haven't had any issues with LO, period, when it comes to malware or viruses.
I have no problems with Opera/OSX, which is my home machine. But XP/Opera tends to pick up a few, as does XP/Firefox without the NoScript.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is being detected and quarantined is "bloodhound.pdf". The last one that was detected was on 12/28/09 at 02:31 pm. Opening the report yeilds the following information below. When I look up the IP address it is showing that it is librarium online.

Name Servers:
ns1.fluidhosting.com
ns2.fluidhosting.com
ns3.fluidhosting.com

Extended Information - :
IP Address: 204.14.89.158
Website Status: active
Server Type: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 PHP/5.2.6

1 - 10 of 10 Posts