Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all you nid players who play with raveners. How many do you usually take in 1000 - 2000 pt games?

I'm thinking about adding some too my list, but at $15 a pop, it's a sizable investment.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
6. 3 squads of 2

OR do 3 squads of 1

Depennds on the rest of your army.

Whatever you do, min-max the squads; use them as surprise assaulters to smack things like Termies in the face from 19-24" away, and/or use them as easy, fast, hard to target scoring units in Alpha and other level games.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep - it does depend on the army in question - but I think MV's advice is sound - 6 is really a good number to aim for and on the way there 3 is still enough to give a mean punch to the enemy!
(ps you are giving them scything talons and rending claws arn't you ;)) *rending claws are not included in any of the blisters, the one on the GW site is a false box image! Most people use the claws from a genestealer box - they are the right scale to use - it also gives you and excuse to make a group os scything stealers

·
815 Posts
Six is a good number to have. It gives you the versatility to field a few squads in normal games. Plus you need a minimum of 6 for the "Subterranean Swarm" rule in Apocalypse anyway.

·
LO Zealot
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll add 6 to my wish list.

*sigh*, that'll be the same cost as a battleforce.

·
815 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll add 6 to my wish list.

*sigh*, that'll be the same cost as a battleforce.
LOL, true. Just get one every month or so. That way you're not dropping the cash all at one time and it doesn't feel like you just spent 90 bucks on 6 figs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts