Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, there's been a number of random fluff questions on my mind, so if any of you can answer any of these, I would be grateful.

1) Can Alpha-level psykers be sane, or at least better than unstable madmen(women)?
2) What are frontier worlds generally like? Is there a status quo? Would they be normally more dogmatic or liberal compared to an Imperial World with its roots dug deep?
3) Are all xenos generally exterminated, or are some, if they are completely obedient to humans become sub-citizens/slaves, even if they are not remotely human?
4) Could a mutant, a very, very smart, powerful, Chaos blessed mutant have the same amount of power as a Chaos Space Marine Lord?
5) Who are the 13 High Lords of Terra? I mean, who are they specifically, such as the head of the Ecclesiarchy, head of the IG, etc.?
6) Malal, the fifth Chaos god, can't be recognized by GW for some legal reason or something. However, what is Malal's "unofficial" status? Is he still around? Where is he hiding?
7) Would a harlequin kill a Dark Eldar or the other way around? I know it happens in the game, but fluffwise, does it happen?
8) Are the Tau still expanding? They had been, but now they have Orks, Tyranids, and the Imperium all to contend with. Have they hit a wall yet?
9) In the new Ork codex, who were the "Brainboyz"? Are they suppose to be the Old Ones?
10) How powerful is a single Custode supposed to be? I mean, hypothetically what would the stats be?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Hey, there's been a number of random fluff questions on my mind, so if any of you can answer any of these, I would be grateful.

1) Can Alpha-level psykers be sane, or at least better than unstable madmen(women)?
Yes, there's a few, such as Malcador, but they're pretty uncommon compared to the mad and possessed ones.
2) What are frontier worlds generally like? Is there a status quo? Would they be normally more dogmatic or liberal compared to an Imperial World with its roots dug deep?
Any examples of frontier areas, really. They could range anywhere from primitive tribes to something similar to that of Starcraft humans.
Yes. They receive less attention from Ecclesiarchy fanatics and have much more contact with Rogue Traders, etc. than a normal world would, so their views tend to be more open.
3) Are all xenos generally exterminated, or are some, if they are completely obedient to humans become sub-citizens/slaves, even if they are not remotely human?
Yes, they're usually exterminated; the intelligent ones at least.
There are some exceptions though. The Ordo Xenos, Rogue Traders, frontier worlds, etc. usually accept or tolerate xenos. In most cases the relations are trade-based.
4) Could a mutant, a very, very smart, powerful, Chaos blessed mutant have the same amount of power as a Chaos Space Marine Lord?
I don't see why not.
Its probably unlikely though, since mutants are generally considered scum by everyone else, including the Chaos gods.
5) Who are the 13 High Lords of Terra? I mean, who are they specifically, such as the head of the Ecclesiarchy, head of the IG, etc.?
There's actually 12.
Here's a good reference:
High Lords of Terra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7) Would a harlequin kill a Dark Eldar or the other way around? I know it happens in the game, but fluffwise, does it happen?
Both ways could probably happen, depending on the situation.
8) Are the Tau still expanding? They had been, but now they have Orks, Tyranids, and the Imperium all to contend with. Have they hit a wall yet?
I think they're still expanding.
9) In the new Ork codex, who were the "Brainboyz"? Are they suppose to be the Old Ones?
Supposedly
10) How powerful is a single Custode supposed to be? I mean, hypothetically what would the stats be?
They are to a space marine, what a space marine is compared to a normal human. At least that's what I heard.

As for stats, see the Warhammer 30k play aid on Bell of Lost Souls.
Hope this helps:)

Reactions: daelrog

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
6) Malal, the fifth Chaos god, can't be recognized by GW for some legal reason or something. However, what is Malal's "unofficial" status? Is he still around? Where is he hiding?
Last I remember, Malal was destroyed by a combined effort of the other four big chaos gods; so both officially and unofficially, there is no Malal anymore.

Reactions: daelrog

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
I'd contend this, as if a new world is colonised by an Explorator team they'd be accompanied by representatives from the Ministorum that ensure that the Emperor is worshipped properly. Although in the end it does just depend on exactly how the Ecclesiarchy interacts with the rest of the population.

Physically maybe, but they wouldn't get the same kind of following as Lord. So barring a counts-as army you're not really going to be able to field a mutant-general.

I seem to remember that the Sons of Malice are GW's nod to Malal.

They're either the Old Ones or they're snotlings on magic mushrooms. GW's never made that one clear, and appear to have deliberately re-introduced the snotling-mushroom rumour in the latest codex.

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
Self-hate, in a phrase. He was the god of those downtrodden slaves who rebelled against their masters, those that fought whatever system they were part of for no real reason other than because they could. And Malal being a Chaos god, he was part of the Chaos god system... and so spent most of his time scrapping with the other... two, I think it was then (Nurgle and Khorne).

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks for the quick feedback everyone. That clears up a few things for me, some for my current/planned armies, some just out of curiosity. 8Y

1 - 7 of 7 Posts