Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, i've just joind this forum and wondered what any of you think of my army plan. Its 1500 pts and i have gone pretty much all Nurgle because i like the colours and even though they dont do themed armies in the new codex i still prefer them that way.

HQ:
1) Chaos Sorcerer
– Power armour – Bolt pistol – Close combat weapon – Frag grenades – Krak grenades
– Mark of Nurgle – Force weapon – Familiar – Doombolt – Melta bombs – Warptime – Independent character – 5+ invulnerable save

ELITES:
1) 5 Terminators
– 5 Aspiring champions – Power weapons – Combi-meltaguns – Icon of Nurgle

TROOPS:
1) 9 Plague Marines
– Power armour – Bolter – Bolt Pistol – Close combat weapon – Frag grenades – Krak grenades – Blight grenades
– Plague champion – Power weapon – 2 Flamers – Personal Icon – Combi bolter – Mark of Nurgle – Fearless – Feel no pain
– Rhino – Dozer blade – Combi-bolter – Daemonic possession

2) 10 Plague Marines
– Power armour – Bolter – Bolt Pistol – Close combat weapon – Frag grenades – Krak grenades – Blight grenades
– Plague champion – Power fist – 2 Meltaguns – Personal Icon – Combi bolter
– Mark of Nurgle – Fearless – Feel no pain
– Rhino – Dozer blade – Combi-bolter – Daemonic possession

HEAVY SUPPORT:
1) 1 Obliterator
– Obliterator Weapons – 5+ invulnerable save – Slow and purposeful

2) 1 Obliterator

SUMMONED DAEMONS:
1) Greater Daemon
– Monstrous creature – Close combat weapon
– Fearless – 4+ invulnerable save

2) 10 Lesser Daemons
– Fearless – Close combat weapon – 5+ invulnerable save

·
4,967 Posts
I'm not too keen on the sorceror. i think he is a little expensive. I always swear by a winged prince with MoN and possibly warptime or doombolt if you have the points.

Terminators are too expensive. Rather than upgrading them all to champions use those points to get 7 in the unit (very nurgle). Include a chainfist in the unit just in case you meet a vehuicle or an enemy dread charges you. Combi plasma I think is better than combimelta but if you feel you need the AT bonus then fine.

Troops: Possession is a bit expensive for the rhinos and the difference between it and extra armour is useful on vindicators but not worth it on rhinos. I would drop the power weapon from your intended deamon vessel. Swap flamers for plasmas and those combi bolters can be dropped for points or upgraded to combi meltas.

Oblits: nice

Greater deamon: also good.

Lesser deamons: I stopped using them since the new codex comes out but they can be a good tarpit unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank ye, the combi-weapons for the termies are all the same points so they can change when i feel, i could still add another one and a chainfist by taking out the veteran upgrades, i like the scorcerer especially against my friends Space wolves, with both psycic powers he shoots down 2-3 per turn and is a beast in combat. I am really putting in the lesser deamons because im gonna use the new crypt ghoul models to represent them and they are awesome also as a cheap(ish) bullet shield ^_^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New List

HQ:

1) Chaos Sorcerer (165pts)
– Power armour – Bolt pistol – Close combat weapon – Frag grenades – Krak grenades
– Mark of Nurgle – Force weapon – Familiar – Doombolt – Melta bombs – Warptime – Independent character – 5+ invulnerable save

ELITES:

1) 7 Terminators (370pts) (535pts)
– 2 Aspiring champions – 5 Power weapons – 2 Chainfists – 2 Reaper autocannon – 4 Combi-weapons – Icon of Nurgle

TROOPS:

1) 9 Plague Marines (267pts) (802pts)
– Plague champion – Power weapon – 2 Flamers – Personal Icon – Combi bolter – Mark of Nurgle – Fearless – Feel no pain
– Rhino – Dozer blade

2) 10 Plague Marines (315pts) (1117pts)
– Plague champion – Power fist – 2 Meltaguns – Personal Icon – Combi bolter
– Mark of Nurgle – Fearless – Feel no pain
– Rhino – Dozer blade

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1) 1 Obliterator (75pts) (1192pts)

2) 1 Obliterator (75pts) (1267pts)

SUMMONED DAEMONS:

1) Greater Daemon (100pts) (1367)
– Monstrous creature – Close combat weapon
– Fearless – 4+ invulnerable save

2) 10 Lesser Daemons (130pts) (1497pts)
– Fearless – Close combat weapon – 5+ invulnerable save

·
4,967 Posts
I don't have the codex with me but just check if you can have 2 reaper autocannon in a 7 man terminator unit. Personally I think combi plasma on anyone who doesn't have a cchainfist and give combimelta or maybe single heavy flamer to the chainfist figures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh no they can't oh well ive taken it out now, only other changes I've made are...

1) Change termies to 5 models with two lightning claws each and 1 a.c.

2) Add in a unit of 4 bikes with a banner and 2 meltaguns

Bikes to turbo-boost on turn 1 and then summon in the deamons, they also have 2 melta guns in case they get a shot at a tank from close up.

Can you summon deep striking units to a banner still or is it just deamons?

Thanks for comments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts