full command-35pts

15 bestagores-180pts
full command-30pts
mark of nurgle-50pts

total:2,000 points

·
Registered
657 Posts
My only suggestion would be to bulk out the warrior units.
You may get 12 in a box, but face it, they don't have enough
staying power to last. Otherwise, it's a solid list.

15 bestagores
You can call these pestigores if you want. Everyone does.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Grimgnaw said:
Exalted Champion-100pts
great wepon-4pts
helm of many eyes-25pts
mark fo nurgle-40pts
chaos steed w/ barding-16pts
What's the point of giving him a great weapon and the Helm of Many Eyes when he's on horseback? :huh: In fact what's the point of that combo at all? Don't give me that nonsense about "oh, but I can auto destroy chariots..." Who cares?! How many chariots are you actually going to be facing really? And even if you do, the amount of strength 5 attacks the champion and his 5 knights will be dishing out will smash up a chariot in short order anyway.

If you really really want extra strength, just give him a Sword of Might, it's about the same cost as the great weapon and Helm combined, plus he'll be able to use a shield for a bit of extra protection (like a 1+ save! :w00t: )
Grimgnaw said:
12 warriors of chaos-168 pts
sheilds-12pts
full command-30pts
mark of nurgle-50 pts

12 warriors of chaos-168 pts
sheilds-12pts
full command-30pts
mark of nurgle-50 pts
As Khorne Lord said, these need to be either bulked up to 16 per unit at the very least, or simply merge the two units into one great big one. Actually, that's probably a very good idea since you may actually outnumber some opponents and cause them to auto flee if you beat them.
Grimgnaw said:
5 gores,15 ungores-95pts
full command-35pts

5 gores,15 ungores-95pts
full command-35pts
What's going on here?! Are you nuts? :blink: What the heck do you need all those Ungors for? You do realise how crap they are in combat and how easy they are to kill don't you? I presume you'll be using these units as flanking units, or are you actually committing the grave sin of intending to use them as screens? You are aren't you?! You Heathen!

Beast herds are not screens, you want a screening unit, use Warhounds, Beast herds are for flank attacks. You should scrap these two and have just one unit (possibly two if you can afford it) consisting of 8-12 Gors and about 5-8 Ungors. This should be your stealthy flanking unit who's main jobs are to kill pesky skirmishers and light cavalry, and then to smash into the flanks of enemy units your warriors or knights have already engaged in the front. Being skirmishers themselves, they excel at flank attacks because they can charge in any direction. Plus they'll get ranks (where your knights won't) and the nice +1/+2 flank/rear bonus.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What's going on here?! Are you nuts? What the heck do you need all those Ungors for? You do realise how crap they are in combat and how easy they are to kill don't you? I presume you'll be using these units as flanking units, or are you actually committing the grave sin of intending to use them as screens? You are aren't you?! You Heathen!
This made me laugh. I love reading your posts Tzeentch. I hate your god least of the other three.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice

but the ungores are for rank bonus and combat reselution so that i can stand a chance, plus they have pikes so they can attack with my gores, im kinda using these guys as a replacment of marauders.

the thing with the champ, yes i will fix it

and the units of warriors im going to try my army both ways with 2 smaller units and one big one to see which one works best.

but besides those few mistakes are thee any more things to fix???

and why dont many people reply to this threads, is my army rally that good?:| :w00t:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i guess people dont reply much i would give u some advice but i dont know much.

but any other suggestions?

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Grimgnaw said:
but the ungores are for rank bonus and combat reselution so that i can stand a chance, plus they have pikes so they can attack with my gores, im kinda using these guys as a replacment of marauders.
I suspected that you'd taken lots of ungors for exactly that reason. That's okay, but allow me to explain my logic to you about why you haven't quite got it right yet.

First, Beastherds only get a maximum of +2 rank bonus, so you don't need that many beastmen to get the max bonus. Gors are only three points more than Ungors but are much better at fighting.

Second, Beastmen will never cut it as a replacement for marauders. In fact, the two units are completely different entities and have totally different battlefield roles (don't forget of course, that a tooled up marauder costs the same as a Gor, and marauder command groups are 10 points cheaper).

Third, Ungors have spears, not pikes. Quite an important difference, although I think you meant spears anyway! But, the spears aren't actually that useful, you can only use them if the Beast herd is in it's second round of combat (doesn't happen that often) or they have been charged (in which case, it's probably all over for them anyway). If you use them right, Beast herds usually get to charge, at which point you won't be able to use the spears.

Essentially, what I'm trying to tell you is this; spear attacks are a bonus, if you get to use them then great, but don't worry about it if you don't! They won't do that much damage and their effect upon the outcome of the fight (and by extension, the game) is relatively small.

Beast herds should always, always have more Gors. They are tougher, have more attacks (if you give them two hand weapons, which you should) and they have a better initiative and weapon skill. Ungors are there for two reasons only; 1, to act as ablative meat shields to protect the more valuable gors against shooting, and 2, to pad out the back ranks a bit while they're still alive.

I hope this has enlightened you to the finer points of troop selection! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
what happened to my other list?? on the main was it deleted?

well heres the revised list for those of you that have not seen it

Heros

Exalted Champion-100pts 205 points for general
Armour of damnation-30pts
Talisman of protection-15pts
Great wepon-4pts
mark of nurgle-40pts
chaos steed w/ barding-16pts

Level 1 sorcerer-85pts 135 for scroll caddy
2 dispell scrolls-50pts

Core Choices

20 warriors of chaos-280 pts 380 for warriors