Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As suggested on another topic that I should log what I'm up to, so here it is.

Started a Nurgle army a few month back and thought I'd share my progress.

couple of pics to start me off. A couple of standards I'm going to be using. The first is based on a reaper miniature model I bought a while ago, but have only just found the banner to go with (Source: Orc Boar Boys). It was decided, with help by a few folks here on librarium, that he's going to be a bretonnian knight, a little down on his luck.

IMG_0003.jpg

Second standard is the banner from Tamurkhan the maggot lord and is magnetised so he can carry it when he joins the battle himself. Until he is called upon his standard will be carried to battle by one of the warriors / marauders.

IMG_0005.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Meat sacks

The marauders that came straight out of the box looked horrendous, in my opinion. I couldn't field 50 of them, so I did a little trimming of the models, took some axe and flail heads (OOP plastic WoC and Empire Flagellents) and some different heads (flagellants, space wolves and zombies). Kit bashed and here are some of them painted up.

IMG_0025.jpg

View attachment 17481 View attachment 17482 View attachment 17483 View attachment 17485

However I decided after painting these that their skin was in fairly good condition considering they are pox ridden filth mongers so for the next 10 mauraders I paint up I'll be adding some skin disease.

IMG_0013.jpg

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've got a palm sweating passion for a good standard bearer and I like both of these a lot!

I like the head swaps on your marauders, they look superb.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am not that much of a fan of Chaos or Nurgle but I will say these already look great. As I mentioned before I always love seeing cool conversions, and from the way it looks there will plenty of that to come. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, wasn't expecting such welcome.

@ Kaleb, I subscribed to your log a while ago, great work on the freehand, I'd be happy with half the result on my banners.

@ Malacoda, I appreciate your taste lays elsewhere and I'll try keep it interesting. After this post :p

@ Lord Borak - Pretty sure it was one of your minis on google images that lead and kept me at Librarium in the first place.

@ Cheers Dan, absolutely! everyone does love a good canker.

@ Kev - Thanks. The dwarves (dwarfs, plural?) blog has been joined.

Comments and criticism encouraged any time.

Warning, my painting has one speed - slow and methodical, but managed to get a couple of tester hounds painted this weekend, likely going to be unit fillers too (To break the monotony of 50 models). Not sure I like the colour of their tongues, I've a Throgg model I painted up with a purple / blue tongue and may try that instead for a bit of contrast.

IMG_0002.jpg

Also started an old Nurgle sorcerer model I had laying around from around 10 years back. I'm not certain, but this model seems to once have been a 40k chaos model, but it's hard to tell.

IMG_0013.jpg

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
The model was initially going to be Throgg, but I've since bought a 54mm Troll model (Stone troll vs. troll slayer limited edition).

I've not long painted that model myself! It's a very nice model to paint :) Good luck fitting him onto a 40mm base though, lol. The unit filler looks good. The flesh tones on the Troll are good, real good.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the troll posing, looks very dynamic.

I would love to see some more of that 2 headed hound
Happy to. It's one of the old metal models. I much prefer them, but only have two (twenty plastic ones built, but no love for 'em). Actually might have a look for a couple more on ebay...

IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0026.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
@ Borak - He's an awesome sculpt, have you any photos? Have seen only a couple of painted versions of him.

Would have loved for it to be Throgg in my WoC army, but he's just ... too small, but the pose makes him hell to base as you say (why I copped out and 50mm'd him). Also thought it was funny he still has his 'tackle', although had to explain to the missus what I was doing painting it :p

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
What??? How can you not have seen mine?? :p Yo must not be looking at my Project thread at all! Blast you!!! Linky

Work in progress... Curs'd Ettin (Nurgle giant).

View attachment 18168
Love that model. It freaks me out every time I see it. It's the attention to detail that freaks me out. Like his hips being at different levels. Painted that model too :p

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What??? How can you not have seen mine?? :p Yo must not be looking at my Project thread at all! Blast you!!! Linky
Yes I've seen your stone troll, you did a right job on him. I didn't attribute it to you though, was one of those afternoons I got lost in the internet. Your attention to detail is what really makes a model stand above the crowd.

Project thread now being followed, lest I be banned from the forum, I know what you power hungry mods are like ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Been cracking on with the army, pretty much all of which is getting built before I continue painting. Anyway here are some centaur models which I will use as Nurgle Marauder 'horsemen' when not being used as Kazyk The Befouled's Rot Knights. They are in need of some more green stuff to make them suitably disgusting.

photo 5.jpg photo 1.jpg

Made using cold one bodies, without heads, savage orc bodies, without the legs. Various chaos knight bits and some beastmen shields (makes them a little more nurgle-y in my humble opinion). Currently missing a suitable banner for the standard, I've a load of options and think I will go with a nurgle icon from the new plague bearers kit.

Comments and / or criticism welcomed

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
These look really cool, except it seems that they still have the saddles on the Cold Ones. There aren't any clear side shots, but so far as I can see, you've not done anything to that. If this is the case, then I'd suggest doing something to cover or remove it, or else it will look odd - but I admit that this is easier said than done (which is why I used elf horses rather than chaos marauder ones for my centaurs).

On a more positive note, I particularly like the lance/halberd heads that you've added to the spears. Those look like meaty weapons.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts