Librarium Online Forums banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
what Borak said!!

That looks absolutely superb. The best thing about this is the difference to Dee's, where he's gone for the whole pustulous seeping wounds thing and yours is all necrotic and rotting. Both of you have done awesome work in avoiding the 'just paint everything green' trap, and you've both succeeded so well in achieving your individual 'feel'

I like the feel of your stuff, it's how I see nurgle, all trolls and gribbly stuff, more monstrous than human. Makes me want to start one now... but the blood god would have my nuts for earrings and besides I need to get my stuff done before the end times (aka Dee starting khorne!)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Jebus.......

That looks awesome dude. Maybe one day I'll get my Khorne done and give you a bashing at a Meet some time. ;)
Thanks! I want to bring some smack talk right now, but honestly I reckon you would, hahaha. I am gonna be heading over to Warhammer world fairly regularly soon, maybe we will actually get a game in if you frequent. Would be awesome to see some of that freehand work in person! :laugh:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I need to get my stuff done before the end times (aka Dee starting khorne!)
LOL.. I can't wait to see what he does. Honestly the best thing is my army being mentioned in the same paragraph as Dee, his work really is bada$$.

When I started I swore I've avoid green armour, but the army still ended up full of green :p

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
That's some really good colour transition. Have you used German field grey in there I use it a lot to add versatility to green shading.
Looking forward to seeing more.

A

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
exceptional work WT, and I really like your cracked panel texture on the chariot bodies.

Thankfully you're using plague drones instead of painting juggers green with puss boils on them! - coockage du rep for ya :)

THe chariots look really good, can't wait to see the drone knights painted up :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
exceptional work WT, and I really like your cracked panel texture on the chariot bodies.

Thankfully you're using plague drones instead of painting juggers green with puss boils on them! - coockage du rep for ya :)

THe chariots look really good, can't wait to see the drone knights painted up :)
Thanks mate, yeah was pretty pleased with the chariots, stubbled on the method by accident and couldn't believe when it actually worked :p

Yeah couldn't bring myself to use the juggers, felt wrong. I've seen it done once, using a similar cracked metal technique as above, but I bought the drones immediately on release (Nurgle frenzy purchase!), so had to use em.

Three done, not sure they're 100%, but will look with fresh eyes when I get back home this arvo.

31745d1374661922-nurgle-themed-skullcrushers-image.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
how did you do it?

base color: goblin green 100% (about 60% water)

shades 1: goblin green 50% + sotek green 25% + scorched brown 25% (90% water) at least 3 layers

shades 2: scorched brown 50% + chaos black 25% + xerces purple 25% (liche purple?) (90% water) at least 2 layers

final shades: chaos black 100% (90% water) 1 or 2 layers should be enough

lights 1: 50% goblin green + 50% ushabti bone (about 75% water)
lights 2: 100% ushabti bone (about 75% water)

Once I've done that I painted thin black lines (with pure chaos black) to simulate the cracked effect. Just do it as much as you like, when you're satisfied with the "drawing" move to the lights/shades part.

Once again you have to highlight and darken every single cracked piece of armour in my case I used:

lights: 100% bleached bone (75% water)
shades: 50% chaos black + 50% scorched brown (75% water)

Not my guidelines, they're from a great painter over on COTEC, followed to the letter aside from the primer work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Dear god those chariots look awesome.

Nice work on the jugger/plague chaps.

More more more!

Dan
Thanks Dan! Always good to hear. I shat on one of them trying to highlight with silver, gonna have to go back and do a little repair work. The gorebeasts pulling em have been undercoated and are waiting on the painting desk for starting. They'll hopefully be done soon.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Okay so I'm in the process of buying a house so updates are really slow as I'm so damn busy. Painting is pretty much at a halt, but I can cut and glue plastic when I get a bit of spare time.

Anyway I did manage to build up some fast cav. They're unbloodied so I'm not sure how they'll do in combat - considering they're not the mark of slaanesh so will run at the first whiff of danger :curse:

IMG_2132_zpsbe0854af.jpg

IMG_2136_zps04ab9300.jpg

IMG_2133_zps64ad9da8.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 · (Edited)
Longest time between responses... The game went well, the chariots were a fun killer.

Didn't realise I'd been away so long... Life really gets away from ya.

Theme change - Garden of nurgle - rebasing everything.

Logging the last leg of my Nurgle army (restarted to finish before out little pink Nurgling arrives in September)

Finally get round to starting a unit of Knights Borak... Those ones I bought from you about two years ago. Hahaha

IMG_20150411_133838.jpg

IMG_20150415_182915.jpg

IMG_20150415_232145.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

101 - 120 of 136 Posts