Librarium Online Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Yeah the fantasy gamers have become sparse since the ET's and rumours about 9th.

I love the models and it was always more about the models than the game really so I can maintain some inertia despite the issues. Plus I had a two year break playing necromunda so I'm ready for fantasy again!

What was your last project with Fantasy mate? As long as it's not skaven I reckon your love can be rekindled :p

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I did some plague bearers, but I was really hoping my khorne mojo would come back. A formation of pure juggernaut heavy cav would be a dream come true. I wasn't impressed with the khorne farmers in armoured dungarees.

I was given a maggoth lord so I'll be painting him up soon :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'm going to give him the blue cheese guy treatment.

So is you glottkin actually glottkin?

I still can't get over the knights, can't wait to see them painted up.

Will you be adding to them with daemons or will you just keep them warriors?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Blue cheese! That's a good idea, he was disgusting.

Yeah that's glottkin, I've altered it, as I sadly seem to do with everything I buy, to better suit my tastes.

I'm finishing the knight unit tonight if I can, those last couple are gonna be tricky to base and yep got 60 plague bearers (including pestigor) waiting for bases. Couldn't resist the pestigor models, they suit the whole nurgle loves all theme. Also got a GUO waiting for paint.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Good god man! Tamurkhan, the Glottkin, and a Forge World PB?! That's nuts. Love too that all the big guys are in one shot.

The knights are looking good as well. I love all the subtle little changes like the weapon swaps and the pin-vising to get the rotted out holes into them. Hard to see in the group shot with the primer on, but I've already picked out more than a few extra bits and bobs added into the regiment. The real victory though, is just getting them to rank up and play together nicely! Always hated trying to form up Chaos Knights.

If I may ask, how did you do that movement tray? Just rocks and sticks and blobs of greenstuff, or is it storebought from somewhere? Some special secret-recipe? It looks really ace.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Hahaha, exactly that, they don't play well together at all. The main reason I did the knight project was so I could rank them up, doing the Nurgle theme was the easy bit.
There are some close ups here, but don't look too closely, don't want to hear I missed a bit :p

Rusty Painting: WiP - Nurgle chaos Knights - Part 4 - close ups

I bought the movement tray, I haven't had much luck with building my own and have stacks of useless GW trays. They've been great with customer service so far and will pretty much do any custom job you ask. I bought the first few with magnetic sheet, but I've just bought some from eBay to do the rest.

fantasy bases

Just can't wait to see everything together abd painted.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Ooh, very cool - haven't seen those guys for bases/trays yet.
Looked through the closeups as well. The two guys with "stag horns" on their helmets, where did those come from? I'd like a couple of those for various conversions in my own army. I think we're both going for a similar sort of "out of the wilderness" look for our stuff. You've actually got lots of cool bits on there, like a bunch of those shields and so forth. I think I can pin down where the rest come from though - those horns are just throwing me for a loop!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
If it's the horns I'm thinking of they're from the blightkings kit. I bought some more bits earlier today on a bits site (massive axe for a lord on daemonic mount that's due shortly) and tagged those particular horns onto the order because they were cheap. If you want them let me know.

I also had some from the plastic plaguebearer kit too, but they're now adorning a marauders horse.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Really nice. Looks like you might have moved the tree down a bit more, so he doesn't look as much like a tree-hugger. What is that model, anyways? Official G-Dub stuff? I know the wings are off the old Wyvern (or one of the GW kits) but the arms and body are throwing me off. Jabberwocky/Jabberslythe?

Also, you put your lichen/foliage on the base before you basecoat and paint?

121 - 136 of 136 Posts