Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After seeing rabbit´s marvelous nurgle CSM pics I have been having this idea about making a combat patrol force with nurgle worshiping IG. I would be using cadian IG with zombie parts mixed and the majority of the guard would have these hood-like sacs made of GS on theyre heads (to cover they're corrupted faces and mutations( if i knew how to upload photos id show you my sketches ). Also a lot of gas mask like stuff ( another ripoff from you rabbit, I hope you don't mind! :0 ).

I dont have the IG codex, but I have been thinking about adding the carapace armor and cybernetics doctrines to represent the extra toughness given by nurgle. maybe ewen chem-inhalers to represent the super-strong antidotes and life support systems that they use to halt the crippling effect the Nurgles "blessing" has. the force would be called "the blessed brothers" or "Lucky Seven"

:? Im still uncertain if I can ewer start this project in the near future though i will definitely do it at some point :happy:

so, does anyone have ideas or similar?

ps. longest thing iwe ewer written in English, please excuse the clumsiness!

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
If you haven't already done so, I would reccommend a look at the Forge World CHAOS RENEGADES These should certainly give you some inspiration such as the chem-inhalers and ,in particular, the apostate preachers of nurgle. It's a shame they have to cost so much *sigh*

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Chaos/Renegades/nurgp11.jpg

Hope that's proved useful! I hope you do decide to carry on with this project as it is very rewarding when you look at a bunch of wicked looking minis all lovingly converted with your very own hands! I know the feeling0:

:happy:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, yeah forgot to mentione that , my plan is to use the nurgle apostels as comissars. Like leading the troops to batle while preaching about Nurgle and execuying comrades that werent "beliving" enough.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man, do you have any suggestions about what units to use? (as said i dont have the IG codex...)

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
thanks man, do you have any suggestions about what units to use? (as said i dont have the IG codex...)
Unfortunately neither do I, so hopefully someone else can advise you properly. I apologise.

However, looking at the Forgeworld range, it might be possible to work it out... e.g, Militia Enforcers, in my opinion, would seem to be the equivalent to stormtroopers(kasrkin, etc), the preachers, as you say, could be used as commissars and so on. I'm sorry I can't help you much on this :( I haven't played a guard game in years! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I have seen some really good conversions of IG tanks into Nurgle stuff also.

One idea for your masks on your IG would be to copy the Scarecrow mask from Batman Begins, seen here:

As far as models go, Catachans would allow you more access to body parts to Nurgle-ize, but an army of Cadians with masks would be pretty freaky. And the "Scarecrow" option has two benefits: 1) It keeps your army from accidently looking like a bunch of Klan members and 2) The gas mask look is highly overdone, in my opinion.

Hope this helps with your idea. It should look really great. I wasn't sure what you were specifically looking for from the IG codex, but if you let me know, I can help a little more. One troop that would go well with a Nurgle IG force would be a "platoon" of 50 Nurgle conscripts, mobbing their way towards the enemy.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Pig Iron Miniatures (find them at thewarstore) has a nice box set of heads that look like renegade guardsmen wearing gas masks, and they're uber-cheap.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies! I chose the cadians because i like them better than the catchans and I needed some more justification for the improved armor saves and the cadians have more armor. about the army list i was thinking about starting with just a small 400-600 points force with about 20-40 guardsmen and at least one sentinel ( not to forget the commissars). i checked the pig iron heads and the look like just the thing i need to add some variation to the heads AND they're very cheap! definitely going to purchase some those. thanks people! :party:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.