Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum so this is my first post. I run a Nurgle-Khorne Army list and i'm wondering if my Nurgle Daemon Prince should take wings or iron hide?

I'll them out soon but i'm wondering what are your thoughts on it and how if any has it gone for you?

·
Registered
123 Posts
use both. he's rather expensive but rarely leave home without a prince with: MoN, wings, hide, noxious touch and cloud. 215 pts but he kills any kind of infantry/MC and most vehicles. hide is really important for keeping him alive against any small arms fire, wings is important for keeping him alive through mobility as well as increasing his kill potential significantly...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
As a new player, you should consult the "40K Chaos Daemon Unit 'tactical'" thread near the top of the Daemons forum page. It talks about this build and how it is usually gifted. SirHoly is right about taking both, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'd take Iron Hide which is almost a given in all Daemon Prince builds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your comments! 215 points is really expensive - points wise, so i'm thinking of running maybe 3 or 2 DP's - 1 or 2 will have iron hide while the last will have wings. It's hard to choose between survivability and mobility as always..

Yup i will read the tactica post and learn more.

I don't usually run bloodletters (unless they mass infantry but i find bloodcrushers do the normal killing better) what i run for khorne is 12 Bloodcrushers. Here's a quick run through of what i normally run

HQ - GUO, 2 or 1 Khorne herald on Chariot
Elites - 12 Bloodcrushers (split into groups of 4)
Troops - 21-27 PB's (split into groups of 7,7,7 and 6)
Heavy Support - 2-3 DP's {used to run soulgrinders}

Lastly I'm thinking of adding some tzeentch for range support but i think it mostly comes down to what you're up against. Tell me what you think and thanks for the comments :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts