Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all I recently came into possession of the Renegade Strike Force, and am using it to build up a Chaos army I've been working on for far too long. So, I made this rough list, without points, just to see if the general feel was right. Any feedback would be great.

HQ: Daemon Prince w/ MoK, Wings

HQ: Daemon Prince w/ MoN, Wings, Warptime

Elites: 5x Terminators. (4x combi-plasmas, Power Weapons, 1x Chainfist, Heavy Flamer)

Elites: Dreadnaught w/ HF and ML

Troops: 2-3 Squads of 8 Berzerkers, Champions w/ Power Fist, Rhinos (Icons?)

Troops: 2-3 Squads of 7 Plague Marines, Champions w/ Power Fist, 2x Melta/ Plasma (Icons?)

Heavy: Obliterator Cult (3)

Heavy: Defiler (No clue on this configuration for a well rounded army)

So: My main questions were, If I run equal numbers of Berzerker squads to Plague Squads, could I get away with only putting the Berzerk in Rhinos, and slogging the Plagues? And also, what is the best special weapon outfitting for a squad of PMs (Melta, Plasma, Flamer etc). Oh and I have 3 Bikers from the old battleforce if those fit in anywhere?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok I notice firstly you dont have much tank killing or tank usage, especially since you get so many from the renegade strike force. Get the LR in !!!
Some berserkers can use the LR instead of a rhino and you also get a great big tank which can kill other great big tanks. Unless there are issues of cost in buying more stuff or being too lazy to make and paint them, always get rhinos. Even if just as a shield, at 35 points, its a deal.
PMs generally put plasma guns to good use, being resilient as hell, they take an objective and sit on it for the entire game, shooting out with plasma shots at enemies, and having FnP to deal with Gets Hot! aswell. Although, Melta guns are good too, as they can jump out, vaporise a tank, and then survive until the next turn of shooting anyways. Flamers dont really fit into them well. Swarms dont like PM's as it is, coz they cant kill them.

Bikers in chaos have one awesome use, and thats all. Daemon Bombs. Basically zoom out and summon a bunch of lesser daemons. Your list doesnt rely on summonning. Good idea to keep it that way.

Daemon Princes. Your theme is Khorne and Nurgle. Pity, coz khorne daemon princes just dont seem to have the same effect, ever. Even a non khorne one is better, coz we can throw on warptime or wind or whatever you want onto the prince. But since themed armies are better than competitive unfair lists, we'll have to keep it the way it is. Make no mistake, a khorne daemon prince is really really good, with wings it is nothing short of amazing. All the others just happen to be that much better.

Other than that, your list is balanced and good, although in saying that, how can it not be?, come on its chaos its gotta be awesome no matter what. But your list looks to be at least 2000 points compatible, you need the Land Raider or another something evil to full in the heavy support. 2nd defiler, vindicator or pred?

Your terminators shudnt have extra upgrades. They will DS, shoot and then die, or if they dont die, they might harass. Make them 4 guys all with combiplasma and just one power fist.

·
367 Posts
He has 2 DP, 3 Oblits and a Defiler and you say he does not have "much tank killing ability"?

I agree on the mobility issues, i think you should drop the dred and get some rhinos
I would take rot over warptime on the nurgle prince to give you some redundancy on horde killing

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input. its not really a money issue on most of the troops, its just that i was planning on running the land raider in an Imperial Fists army I'm working on but I could just get another one. And I also just didn't know if the PMs were any good at footslogging, but I suppose because rhinos are so cheap... Anywho, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
He has 2 DP, 3 Oblits and a Defiler and you say he does not have "much tank killing ability"?

I agree on the mobility issues, i think you should drop the dred and get some rhinos
I would take rot over warptime on the nurgle prince to give you some redundancy on horde killing

Yes, three reliable lascannons at 225 are the sum of the anti tank at range in the current list. Defilers arent much better than orcs for shooting, and the princes are so big, they can get shot to pieces first, unless always hidden. just Imho, more lascannons at the aprox points this army will equate to. Only 2 slots are used up so far, so the land raider , or a pred , or a vindi will really help out with armour.

·
367 Posts
Yes, three reliable lascannons at 225 are the sum of the anti tank at range in the current list. Defilers arent much better than orcs for shooting, and the princes are so big, they can get shot to pieces first, unless always hidden. just Imho, more lascannons at the aprox points this army will equate to. Only 2 slots are used up so far, so the land raider , or a pred , or a vindi will really help out with armour.
<shakes head>
How do you propose he fits that LR in?
Dropping a troops choice?
Dropping something that kills tanks already?
Probably both?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.