Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find any help on it, so had to make a thread

What is the most effective use for a Nurgle Sorcerer?

Wings? Warptime? Nurgle's Rot or Winds of Chaos? Familiar?

I'm honestly clueless, any suggestions?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Nurgle Sorcerers will predominantly be c.c. fiends. Given that, Warp Time seems to be the standard upgrade, since it can handle virtually everything in c.c.. Rot is brutal against swarms, so for specialized battles or environments with high swarm counts, Rot is the clear choice. Winds of Chaos is equally tempting, as it potentially wipes out a high enemy model count all at once. However, in the long run, Warp Time should kill more enemy units than Winds, unless your opponent happens to place his/her units in the perfect configuration for getting hosed by the flame template :p.

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I plan on giving him a familiar for the extra spell, so Rot and Warptime?

And with this, wings or not?
I would say nurgle steed but I dont have anything to model that atm

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Wings are the most optimal choice for Chaos HQs, I think. You can go anywhere with them, and they can hide in Raptor units (save for DP). Bikes are useful too, since your Sorcerer can get T6 with them.

I think extra powers are overrated. Sure, you've got versatility, but your model is expensive. I'd just go for one spell if you're Nurgle, since you can't use more than one a turn. Otherwise one of those spells will be a waste every turn, and that's not including uses of the Force Weapon.

I'd go with Warptime. Unless you regularly face Orks, Nids, Guard, or any horde, in which case Rot might be a good buy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
a terminator sorceror could be quite devastating, too. place him into deep strike and when the time comes put him where he will kill the most with wind of chaos or nurgle's rot. you could try to pull that off with wings, too but you can't rely on the icon precision then and can't use it in every mission. besides the terminator armor and his high toughness make him pretty resilient. you could also make one using the typhus model which is pretty cool in my opinion.

or you could use typhus himself, and if you want another model/fluff/background use his rules for your sorceror.

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so do you have to have your spells written out somewhere or would just leaving some points open for changing them be ok?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Wings are the most optimal choice for Chaos HQs, I think. You can go anywhere with them, and they can hide in Raptor units (save for DP). Bikes are useful too, since your Sorcerer can get T6 with them.

I think extra powers are overrated. Sure, you've got versatility, but your model is expensive. I'd just go for one spell if you're Nurgle, since you can't use more than one a turn. Otherwise one of those spells will be a waste every turn, and that's not including uses of the Force Weapon.

I'd go with Warptime. Unless you regularly face Orks, Nids, Guard, or any horde, in which case Rot might be a good buy.
Echoed. Also bear in mind that taking dual psi powers (if you're going to do it at all) works best when the powers don't compete against each other, meaning that Rot and Warp time both are used when the sorcerer is within close proximity to the enemy. Compare this to, let's say, Bolt of Change and Warp Time, whence one is used at medium range, while the other at close. At least this way you're getting two powers that aren't filling the same range roles.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
It depends, in friendly games feel free to change up the spells every game, but most tournaments require the entrance of a single list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've found Typhus to be a more effective use of points if you're leaning in the direction of a Nurgle Sorcerer. He's got a lot of greatness packed into his cost, and auto-passing wind of chaos is great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts