Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here is my nurgle sorceror. He is the chaos lord from GD which I've done some small conversions on. The scythe is from the empire wizards box, and the nurglings are made of greenstuff. I also changed the breastplate and added a little knife on the back of his shield and changed the axe in his right hand to a little bottle of potion. HERE is a link to my WIP. The Idea came to me when I saw a guy's conversion from italian GD. Without further adou, here he is!

C&C always appreciated!

Cheers and thanks for looking
-DDW:soldier:

EDIT: fixed the WIP link and scroll down to find the other nurgly guy HERE

·
464 Posts
The mini really does look awesome. I am by no means the master of freehand but I think that some more definition would not hurt. Either way I think it looks great and I love the flowers.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
That guy is cool. The new effects you have added are good, it makes him look very Nurgly. I think he's more interesting done this way and the paint job is very well done. The Nurglings you have made for him are cute too, reppy for good work.:poop:

The Idea came to me when I saw this guy's conversion
This guy's conversion cannot be seen, it's just hosting promotion stuff and your WIP link goes to the forum and not to your WIP.:p

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I think that those are good improvements. However I have noticed that with the knife you have added the bit at the end of the sheath is the same colour as the rest of the sheath. You should make the bit at the end metal or black instead of red like the rest of the sheath. It would be a different colour, this will help to make the model more detailed.

·
Eh?
454 Posts
I've got to agree that the scythe was an epicly good choice. I love the contrast of the flowers with the rest of the model :act-up:

Where is the little nurgling from? The one in front of his foot on the base. Is a model or some amusing green stuffing? Either way I'm a fan!

Finally, I like the touch of the discarded potion bottle. Its a really nice touch.

Rep for you sir!

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Nice looking mini. I like that scythe, the roses add an interesting look. The freehand is pretty good, I like the weathering on the cloak. The only thing I really think you didn't pull of that well was the scratches on the shield. The highlighting or shading is just a bit too much, it doesn't look like a scratch.

Kuffy

·
Registered
759 Posts
The roses on the scythe are a really good idea. They really do show the side of nurgle that is so seldom seen. Very interesting colours too. If it was me I'd have originally thought of black roses, but the deep, rich red gives a very neat contrast to the greens, and it's really effective.

·
Shoop Da WAAAGH!
237 Posts
Nice! i love what you have done!

I like the roses, but im not too keen on the colour... they seem too red, i myself would of painted them white using rotting flesh as a basecoat to get a real nice nurgly tinge too them.

But apart from that jobs a good one!

Spladge P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.