Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Whenever I play 40K the most common marked troops or themed army is Nurgle, but when I play Fantasy battle, the most common is Khorne (like Chaos Knights of Khorne) why is it that Defense is more valuable than offense in 40K but not fantasy (the fact that there is more shooting has already occurred to me) what do you think?

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Hey everyone,

Whenever I play 40K the most common marked troops or themed army is Nurgle, but when I play Fantasy battle, the most common is Khorne (like Chaos Knights of Khorne) why is it that Defense is more valuable than offense in 40K but not fantasy (the fact that there is more shooting has already occurred to me) what do you think?
Well The Plague marines that we have are based of the normal stat line of the chaos space marine unit with a few differences, For starters you can see the addition of toughness, FnP and blight grenades along with the -1I. But Plague marines can also take the special weapon options available to Chaos marines at under 10 strong, so they can have dual weapons at 5 strong.

So, with the Incredible addition of T5 and FnP, they still dish out the hurt at the same rate if not more compared to other MEQs.

Dan

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't think it's so much defense vs offense but that plague marines are just more versatile than khorne berzerkers in this incarnation of the codex.

Their defense helps for both shooting and close combat, they can footslog it with ranged special weapons or use a rhino.

Berzerkers can't get ranged weapons, and the only area they excel is close combat anyway. With no fast movement mode and being restricted to close combat, they have no choice but to load up into a rhino. Rhinos being the deathtraps they are, I can definately see why people would be less inclined to use them.

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
PM can take plasmas and not be too worried from it blowing up in their face. Wheras the Khorne guys if they take Plasma pistols, they take their chances with the rest of the marines. Im inclined to agree that the more powerful shooting weapons is a reason for defense to be a better option in 40k. Besides, Marines have above averge strength to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts