Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i latly got into actualy playing the tabel top, even tho i been painting them for 3 or so years now. So i have alot of Chaos, Black Templar, Tyranid, Necron. I pretty much got a army list for all them but chaos, which brings me to you guys.

So after buying the codex "WHICH I HATE runed deamons" i still new to the whole gaming scene and wondering if u guys could help build a nurgle army. Keep in mind Typhus HAS TO BE IN IT he my fav model and i love his story, and there has to be atleast 1 set of both deamons nurgle gets. Other then that what do you think i need

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, depending on the point limits,I would run a couple squads of Plague Marines, 2 seven man lesser daemon squads, 5-6 man squad of Nurgle bikers, a Termi squad, couple of Obliterators, and Typhus. That should be around 1500 pts if not a bit short. Keeps it Nurgly with few vehicles and Rhinos. Uses daemons and good squads to summon them to, as well as units to summon the Termis, Typhus, and Oblits to.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Check your codex and make sure that you have the most recent edition (4th). There are no longer cult daemons, but only generic undivided ones.

When it comes to getting army advice, you're better off posting an army list in the chaos army list section. You should get plenty of feedback. Also, you can browse through the current army lists and chaos threads.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, and ya it the newest. but i still think they deamons still have some differences cause they do have the mark of there god and still get there benifits. Unless i misread which anyone can do when they see something dumb and try make sences of it lol. But back to the point I am not sure how a nurgle army should look, so far i was instructed not to go lots of vechiles. But is there anything else like mass havocs, mass plague marines, mass terminators?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Hi, and ya it the newest. but i still think they deamons still have some differences cause they do have the mark of there god and still get there benifits. Unless i misread which anyone can do when they see something dumb and try make sences of it lol.
What page in the new codex are you referencing, as the only summoned daemons in 4th ed chaos are indeed the undivided lesser daemons, and the undivided greater daemon. They don't receive the marks from their gods.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Hi, and ya it the newest. but i still think they deamons still have some differences cause they do have the mark of there god and still get there benifits. Unless i misread which anyone can do when they see something dumb and try make sences of it lol. But back to the point I am not sure how a nurgle army should look, so far i was instructed not to go lots of vechiles. But is there anything else like mass havocs, mass plague marines, mass terminators?
Scarycrow

Please make sure to use proper grammar and spelling while using LO.

It is a prerequisite to using LO.

Thanks

Karmoon.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Scarycrow

Please make sure to use proper grammar and spelling while using LO.

It is a prerequisite to using LO.

Thanks

Karmoon.
Sadly your grammar lacks the merit and intelligence of a daft five year old. I do ask you use proper grammar, due to the fact it is needed for Librarium Online. Here is a helpful hint do not start a new sentence each time you have a new thought. Thank you kindly if you need any more help do ask

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
scarycrow's signature said:
want my grammer to be college quailty then anwser this fair deal :p
x2 + 5x + 9
Isn't that impossible? There is no pair of numbers that can equal 5 when added as well as equaling 9 when multiplied. That means the equation cannot be factored, and it's an impossible curve.

It's been a long time since high school math, but I'm pretty sure that's right?

I'm not sure what you're asking with the x+2.

Er... yeah, on topic.

Plague Marines! Whoo!

If going heavy Nurgle, stay away from Heavy Weapons. Stick to Plasma guns, Meltas, and Flamers. Infantry heavy, so Havocs, Plague Marines, and Terminators will be your best bet.

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
Sadly your grammar lacks the merit and intelligence of a daft five year old. I do ask you use proper grammar, due to the fact it is needed for Librarium Online. Here is a helpful hint do not start a new sentence each time you have a new thought. Thank you kindly if you need any more help do ask
How rude.
Enjoy the rep, YOU DESERVE IT!

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
I don't get it. How is this:

x2 + 5x + 9
x + 2

A question at all?

What does it ask?

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dividend, Divisor, Quotient, and Remainder
Problems will look like dividend divisoror dividend ÷ divisor,where the dividend and divisor are polynomials.
Problem and answer will look like dividend divisor= quotient + remainder divisor
Check that the division has been performed correctly (i.e., the correct quotient and remainder have been found) by
quotient · divisor + remainder = dividend
That is, multiplying the quotient by the divisor and adding in the remainder has to result in the dividend.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
I see. So, you just forgot the division symbol. Makes sense, now. ;)

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Let's bring this thread back around to the topic of hand, and see if we can't salvage things.

There are a few key units you'll want to consider for a Nurgle Army. First, how to deliver your Plague Marines or Marines with the IoN into close proximity with the enemy. Nurgle armies are most effective at short range, where they may pound the enemy with rapid firing bolter & plasma fire, along with the rest of your arsenal of special weapons. Rhinos are your only choice for giving your troops a movement modifier. Of course, you can try and footslog them across the board. Although, even with their enhanced toughness, it can still be a problem.

A note about Plague Marines: Due to their expensive nature, you'll want to pay close attention to your overall numbers. Many a time, I've been duped into believing I have sufficient troops on the board, only to realize that my plague marines haven't enough bolter fire to manage the swarm. I credit this entirely to the fact that expensive marine options greatly reduce your overall bolter count, as compared to the standard 10 man undivided marine squad (whose cheaper cost allows you to field more basic bolters). This is just something to bear in mind when creating your army.

Tank busting: Predators have great synergy with rhinos, as their typically receive a 'top priority' sticker from our opponents. This helps with advancing your rhinos across the board by drawing fire away from them. As well, predators obviously work well as tank busters.

HQ: You've already mentioned your like for Typhus, so I'll stop here.

Terminators: 4th edition chaos is extremely conducive for these pups. With any terminator unit, whether cult or undivided, combi-plasmas are highly effective. Tactics: Rush up with your icons and then deep strike the termis within rapid fire distance of enemy troops. Works wonders and is very consistent.

Chosen: I tend to avoid these guys, if only because there are other options that currently peak my interest (just not enough points to go around, you know?). They're still rock solid choices. You can almost never go wrong with chosen. They fill the much desired slot as our infiltrating troops of 3rd edition. They're well-priced and have ample options to fit any players' need. Here's a squad that might rouse your interest:

Chaos Chosen Squad-
*8x chosen w/ IoN
**2-3x plasma guns
**1x a.c. w/ power fist

Chosen work remarkably well with raptors, mainly owing to the fact that opponents consider raptors a high priority threat. In other words, if you're not careful, they won't last long. For this reason, marching up with chosen can sometimes take the heat off your raptors.

Raptors: Most players configure their raptors with the IoK. It's highly prized for enabling a raptor unit to deal with receiving the charge, as well as being moderately priced. Even in a Nurgle army, you should consider using the IoK on your raptors. That said, there's merit in the IoN as well. Since raptors are a priority target, the added toughness definitely comes into play, albeit, it's an expensive upgrade.

These are just a few top picks available to you. You may also consider obliterators & havocs, as they provide the heavy weapon utility that's lacking in our troop and chosen squads.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok I suppose I should of said this earlier, but here it goes now sorry for late delay. I am sticking to a pure nurgle everything, somehow a fat bloated man with jet pack always bothered me. Currently I have 14 Death Guard 5 havocs and tyhpus. I know i can't use them anymore but there easly converted to more normal troops, plus 15 plague bearers. So would this be enough troops for a 1500 point nurgle army or should i get some more" if so how many u think" then the rhinos. Each squad to a rhino or 50/50?, also what vechicles scream out as nurgle to u?

P.S. All my men must have mark of nurgle this may limit my troops and such but it is worth it.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
ok I suppose I should of said this earlier, but here it goes now sorry for late delay. I am sticking to a pure nurgle everything, somehow a fat bloated man with jet pack always bothered me. Currently I have 14 Death Guard 5 havocs and tyhpus. I know i can't use them anymore but there easly converted to more normal troops, plus 15 plague bearers. So would this be enough troops for a 1500 point nurgle army or should i get some more" if so how many u think" then the rhinos. Each squad to a rhino or 50/50?, also what vechicles scream out as nurgle to u?

P.S. All my men must have mark of nurgle this may limit my troops and such but it is worth it.
LET THIS BE THE LAST WARNING ABOUT GRAMMAR. WHILE YOU HAVE CERTAINLY MADE IMPROVEMENTS, YOU MUST USE WHOLE WORDS, RATHER THAN A SINGLE LETTER AS A SUBSTITUTE, SUCH AS 'U' FOR 'YOU.' ANY FURTHER DELIBERATE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS WILL RESULT IN THIS THREAD BEING CLOSED, WITH FURTHER POTENTIAL ACTIONS PENDING

So, are you fielding a Nurgle army or Death Guard army? The difference: Death Guard army will have nothing but plague marines, where as a Nurgle Army might make use of the Icon of Nurgle as well (along with other choices, but this doesn't apply to you).

What do you mean when you say, "I know I can't use them anymore..." What specific models are you talking about? If havocs, then they're legal in a traditional Death Guard army.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ment the plague bearers since all deamons under one clasifaction. :(

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I ment the plague bearers since all deamons under one clasifaction. :(
Ah, understood now :). I'd be happy to look over your list, if you posted one in the chaos forum. I still maintain that it's the best way to get specific advice on your army.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you but it will take several days. :0 Currently I got the old chaos codex and my games shop was being butt's and geting there 2007 late. So all I have to go on is my friends from 3 hours away. So I do not want to add a army list from preview book or I will looks dumb :D. But mine is in route within several days now

1 - 20 of 29 Posts