Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K be nice this just a run threw of a nurgle army i would like.

HQ:
145 deamon prince- mark of nurgle- nurgles rot
225 typhus

Troops:
10 Pleague Marine: 2 melta guns, Champ - plasma pistol, melta bombs= 308
10 Pleague Marine: 2 melta guns, Champ - plasma pistol, melta bombs= 308

Summons
100 Greater Deamon
6 lesser deamon's = 78
Spawn Of Chaos = 40

Got havocs no weapons what should i equip them with got 10 so break down to what squad size

·
Registered
102 Posts
Next time you post a list, it is really helpful to know what point limit you are shooting for. What you've got is a decent start to a strong Nurgle army.

I'm not sure Typhus is really a good choice for any army to be frank. For 225 pts you can field a tooled up 5 man terminator squad that will do much more than Typhus.

On your Prince, give him some Wings and Warptime and drop the Nurgle's Rot. Rot is one of those abilities that looks flashy but ends up being rather dull.

Your troop squads look good. However, as stated, drop the plasma pistol and melta bombs and give him a Power Fist instead. Then get them into a Rhino. You may find that 10 men is a bit of overkill with these guys, but do as you will.

A nice addition to a Nurgle army is certainly a Havoc squad. Personally, I would run 8 Havocs with either 4 Missle Launchers or 4 Autocannons. These will prove to be a bit more versitile sqauds than equipping them with Lascannons.

Another good heavy choice and fitting for Nurgle are the Obliterators. Lots of options for shooting and good survivability.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Hello scarycrow, we meet again :).

Your list has quite the punch in c.c., but you lack mobility. Farnola made some excellent observation. I would take them to heart.

Prince: Farnola covered to the 'T.'

Plague Marines: A couple more things-
1- Footslogging *can* work with plague marines. However, generally, you'll have been results with rhinos. Additionally, rhinos will help take the heat off your prince by giving your opponent more than a single target for his/her high strength weapons.
2- In battles less than 2000, you would be better off splitting these two large squads into 3. It will cost you a few more points, but you'll gain a power fist and 2 additional special weapons. Also, it just adds more versatility to your build.

Greater Daemon: Fine.

Lesser Daemons: I'm having a hard time seeing how these fit into your build. Lesser daemons are standard infantry for tying up opponents and heckling your enemy's lightly armored troops- two things that plague marines already do very well. Have you considered taking these points and reinvesting them into your plague marines? It would help flesh out a third Plague squad, and/or supply them with rhinos.

Spawn: To be honest, most players (including myself) see very little reason to field these pups, other than merely fluff reasons. They don't have solid staying power, nor c.c. finesse. Overall, they're way overpriced. I'd suggest dropping it in favor of more Plague marines, termis, chosen, raptors, or havocs.

Best of luck.

BTW, what point value is this build? Once you post it, I'll happily change the title to suit :happy:.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1500 is the point value. I using nurgle rot and lesser deamons just to keep up with the idea of nurgle army. The spawn and greater deamon are there cause I always liked summoning them in middle of a enemy army lol. So 3 troops of? 7,8? I will grab 3 rhinos for the 3 pleague squads so 105 points.

·
Banned
56 Posts
HQ:
Deamon Prince Of Nurgle: mark of nurgle, nurgles rot = 145
Typhus 225

Troops:
7 Pleague Marine: 2 melta guns, Champ, rhino= 231

Heavy Support:
5 Havocs: 2 missle launchers, 2 assult cannons = 155

Summons
Greater Deamon = 100
10 lesser deamon's = 130
Spawn Of Chaos = 40

1488 - Your spelling, grammar and typing need work. - Katie D

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
The list does look better. Two things:

Spawns: These models aren't summoned; they start on the tabletop. ;Y

Havocs: Chaos doesn't have the option for equipping any of our models with assault cannons. Second, you'll want to consider adding a few more wounds to this squad (i.e., more basic marines). Havocs are notorious for being high priority targets, and with only 1 wound to spare, they won't last long. General Rule of Thumb: Have 1 additional wound per heavy/special weapon in your havocs. Also, mixing heavy weapons is usually a bad idea. You end up with heavy weapons that don't always work well together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.