Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help.

I am about to start a new four player campaign.
I have played the IG and the Nids alot and have just about sorted my tactics.
One of the players is going to use Nurgle which I have never played against.
All the games are 1500pts. Any idea how I can set up my army as I have no idea what sort of Necron army would work.

The troops I have to chose from are:

Destroyer Lord with Res Orb and Warscyth
10 x Immortals
10 x Flayed Ones
10 x Pariahs
58 x Warriors
9 x Destroyers
3 x Wraiths
15 x Scarab Swarm
4 x Heavy Destroyer
Tomb Spider
Monolith

Any Ideas of what I should be doing as I need to keep a well balanced list to foght three different armies.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
From that, id go with a Dlord with ResOrb, Phase Shifterr and WarScythe. Run him with 3 Wraiths, and have a Scarab unit in there too. Finish off FA with 3-5 Destroyers.

20 Warriors and the Monolith (DS it) they have to go in.

10 Immortals, and 2x5 Flayed ones (Infil.)

Possibly 2 Heavy Destroyers if you like they can be good for fast tankbusting.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I found out the hard way that Plague Marines are hard to kill with warriors. My opponent got lucky and I got unlucky on dice, but a unit of 8 with one powerfist took around 80 gauss shots, an assault by three Wraiths and 10 Scarabs, and lost TWO models. And I couldn't touch him in hth. It was a three way game and I ended up going four rounds of CC without getting a WBB, which hurt the cause, but you don't want to be wounding on 5-6 when he has Feel No Pain and power armor. Hit 'em with high strength weaponry, and lots of it. Even some Heavy Destroyers wouldn't be totally wasted here since they deny armor and FNP, but Immortals and Destroyers ought to do the trick. A lucky Particle Whip would be great, but you can't count on it. I'd even risk letting a Defiler or Vindicator go for a round in order to knock out the PM transports early. They were that tough.

So I guess I'd go minimum on Warriors and max out Immortals and Destroyers, as well as taking a Monolith. The good news is that he won't have many models. The bad news is that they'll last a long time. And I'd second the DLord Warscythe, and Wraiths that Phoenix mentioned.

Weaf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I am thinking to go with this then:

1 x Destroyer Lord with Res Ord, Warscythe and Phylactery
10 x Immortals
5 x Flayed Ones
5 x Flayed Ones
10 x Warriors
10 x Warriors
3 x Destroyers
3 x Wraiths
1 x Heavy Destroyer
1 x Monolith

Point Total 1498

What do you think.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm, nice. Loose Phylac from the Lord for a Phase Shifter. Sods law youll fail WBB anyway, and Phylac is then just a waste.
Drop a few Immortals, and get a second single Heavy Destroyer. One alone is just a waste really, if he shoots, misses, does nothing, its then just an easy points for the enemy. Run 2 units of 1, that way the enemy will have to shoot with 2 units if they want to commit to killing them, but you can also keep 1 hidden and shot with the other, then if the 1 dies, you get WBB and just end up with a unit of 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.