Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. This is the first time I've ever been on this section of the forum. Currently for fantasy, I have a 2000 point VC army I need to finish up painting (not to mention some changing once the new codex comes out soon), but I wanted to do a small side project for fun, and frankly, who has more fun than the Orcs?
I don't have any set ideas yet. All I know is that I want it to be a 500 point force using the Warbands rules. My biggest question right now is what do I use for my commander. The most appealing choice to me is the Black Orc Big Boss. However, that's because I'm a sucker for tough as nails characters. I realize all too well that spending that many points for one character plus wargear, may not to be the most sound tactic. If I did use a Black Orc Big Boss as my commander though, what sort of wargear/support units would you use? Are there better ideas for commanders? I'm open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think a black orc big boss is a very good choice for a 500pt force. It doesn't cost too many points, provides good leadership and is a great close combat character. I would only give it heavy armour, shield and maybe Bigged's kicking boots for the extra attack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Amen, if you want to go cheap just give him the heavy armor and shield. If you have some extra points the kicken boots are an excellent choice.

Reactions: daelrog

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll definately have to come up with a good background story and some other units now. At first some magic weapons seemed all too appealing, but seeing how it would cancel out the 'armed to da teef rule, it just isn't worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts