Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just played my first game of 40k against tyranids and won. I had one 10 man army armed with bolters , a missile launcher and a plasma gun. With them staying high and above cover I destroyed 2 troops. I also had one other squad armed with bolters and chainswords and with these I destroyed a Carnifex in close combat but, the carnifex's rolls were very unlucky and only killed 2 men during assault. Once the game finished I realised I could replace the men with chainswords for a obliberator with no extra points added. I would like a Obliberator in my army because It has many powerful guns and from what happened in the game I can say guns are good against tyranids. Is this the right move to nerf the chainswords?

·
Night's whipser
1,719 Posts
Well you do need two troops choices, but that doesn't stop you from getting an obliterator aswell. What other units have you got?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Replace? No. Add? Yes.

Chaos Space Marines are good in both shooting close combat. Having both a bolter and bolt pistol & close combat weapon, they have a standard 2 attacks each. With 5 Marines minimum, you're looking at 10 attacks with initiative 4 at strength 4.
An Obliterator has 3 attacks on the charge, always hits last (because of the power fist) so needs to survive to hit back, but wounds most things on a 2+ and ignores armour saves. On the other hand, the Obliterator comes equipped with a variety of weaponry that can deal with the bigger Tyranids quite easily.

The best thing to do (in my opinion) is to proxy the Obliterator and just test it out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
At what point mark? At 1500 points, I field 6 Obliterators and they are just devastating aganst Nids. However, supposng that your battle as at 500 points, 1-2 Obliterators would be fine. Moreover, what HQ do you play? Oh, and one last thing to mention: csm have BOTH bolters AND boltpistols+chainswords and you decide which to use each phase. They don't need to be visible on the models.
I'd reccomend this list:
HQ
Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Slaanesh 135
Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines with Missile Launcher, Plasmagun 175
5 Chaos Space Marines with Flamer in a Rhino 115
Heavy Support
Obliterator 75

Edit: OR you could get a Chaos Lord with Mark of Nurgle and Daemon Weapon instead of the Daemon prince (if you don't own the model)

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Havent checked the contents of the box in ages sorry if i was stating the obvious :(

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it said O-Bieber-ator. I had a sudden mental picture of a gnarly looking terminator with a terrible haircut and a blwating voice like a baby lamb. Oh, the horror!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it said O-Bieber-ator. I had a sudden mental picture of a gnarly looking terminator with a terrible haircut and a blwating voice like a baby lamb. Oh, the horror!
I'm so sorry. Bieber is by far and away the worst thing that ever came out of Canada and Celine Dion came out of Canada too. As a citizen of Canada, I humbly apologize for Bieber. Anyway on topic: I always take between 2 -3 Oblits in every list I make. They can just wipe the floor with so many types of units in so many different and effective ways that I see them as a necessity. When making a list, I Take an HQ, then my two troop choices, I add two Oblits and then build the rest of my list adding another Oblit if the points are right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just looked at the Games Workshop Oblits and i have been inspired to build my own Oblits with some of the old metal Chaos Terminators i have laying around, thanx for the inspiration.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I'm so sorry. Bieber is by far and away the worst thing that ever came out of Canada and Celine Dion came out of Canada too. As a citizen of Canada, I humbly apologize for Bieber. Anyway on topic: I always take between 2 -3 Oblits in every list I make. They can just wipe the floor with so many types of units in so many different and effective ways that I see them as a necessity. When making a list, I Take an HQ, then my two troop choices, I add two Oblits and then build the rest of my list adding another Oblit if the points are right.
Don't apologise; the US inflicted Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers on the world, Bieber is merely Canada's retaliatory strike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts