Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hej, I was wondering If there are any good conversions out there of Obliterators,
it's not that I don't like the model, but I don't think the whole mutation/virus thing goes well in a Tzeentch army that does really not like mutations of any case.

Any ideas what kinda models would serve best as base? I really like the GKT Models, but they are a bit too small I think.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hej, I was wondering If there are any good conversions out there of Obliterators,
it's not that I don't like the model, but I don't think the whole mutation/virus thing goes well in a Tzeentch army that does really not like mutations of any case.

Any ideas what kinda models would serve best as base? I really like the GKT Models, but they are a bit too small I think.
lolwut?

·
Registered
253 Posts
He is probably referring to the thousand sons... you know, the guys that made it so they will never mutate in any way, shape or form by transforming most of their legion into sealed dust.

Surely the summoning of some form of daemonic creature might be appropriate to get the "loadsa guns" aspect going. Either that or just have a sourcerer in termi armour with flames and such so it looks like they have lots of different, powerful spells that they can unleash like an oblit.

·
464 Posts
If you are going to spend the time to reply to someone's post can you at least use words?

I understand your want to have Oblits that are not mutated. I would just buy the plastic Terminator pack and use Thousand sons heads. Normal termies are a few MM shorter than a Oblit so I would take that as a chance to make some slightly raised ornate bases to get the termies up to the correct hight.

You would still have to show that they could output fire from different guns so one thing that I was thinking could work instead of mutated bits via greenstuff, I was thinking of maybe some mummy wraps covering the barrels of the random guns. That way you would still get the whole Egyptian thing going on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off, I should have mentioned that my Army follows Ahriman in the first place and not Tzeentch, that's why I don't wanna have mutations in it. But that's the whole fluff that I wrote for it, based on all the info I could find on Ahriman and the Thousand Sons, when that's done I'll post it in the fluff section here.

@mellr0 & ZMB:
I l I thiike both ideas a lot, thanks.
I start with some drawings, based on the regular Termies or on the Chaos Termie Sorc, and try to implement most of the weapons in the staff, that with mummy wrapping paper on the barrels, and one hand simply with the Power fist.

Still, if anyone has more ideas or seen other cool Oblis before that would fit in my scheme, feel free to post.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Rabbit:
Thanks a lot for the pictures, but that's exactly what I meant, only the IronWarrior or whatever that is doesn't look too mutated.

The Khorne ones are awesome though. :)

I will really go with the TermiSorc conversion, just need to figure out how to display all the weapons in one in a nice way.

I'll start a WIP thread here as soon as I get started on the 4 models.

·
464 Posts
I think you could get away say a a flamer and a plasma gun in one hand and a plasma cannon in the other. Maybe it could be attached to a power fist or something.

One thing that would look rather cool I believe is to have a Tzeench sorcerer raising the dead and having skeletons coming out of the ground wielding melta guns and such. It would make for a camped base but if done right each Oblit would be a piece of art in it's own right.

·
161 Posts
One idea would be to have the virus/mutation only affect the actual weapons and armor. Sort of showing the weapons transforming and growing, barrels elongating, ammo feeds growing, that sort of thing. Don't know how it would be done though.

For hollow power armor operated by ghosts...simply stick lots off different guns on it? Make the various guns look interchangeable? Make them look more like weapons platforms, like Broadsides?

Eh, that's all I've got.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Obliterators are technically a separate faction, so fluff-wise you could use the models as-is. If you really want something more Tzeentch themed, why not use a sorcerer wielding different coloured flames? Maybe surrounded by fireballs, with one for each weapon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, some really nice ideas came up here.

@ZMB: I really like the rising dead idea, question is just how to model that nicely with the given space, without looking silly.

@Whodunnit: I really like the Idea of the Viral weapon, but I wanna avoid all kind of mutations in my army even on the weapons, but if i manage to get the sorcery angle of it, that´d be nice. (really close together i know)
The "ghost machine" is a really cool idea as well, but I think I´d rather have a sorcerer then a ghost controlling all that power.

@Nonalyth: Yeah I know that they´re there own cult. but my fluff doesnt really allow me to use the standart models, and since they´re not stupid and see the effect of the real Oblis, I´m sure some smart sorc would come up with a magic spell that has a similar effect as the Obli powers.

Well I guess the Chaos Termi Sorc as base is decided for me.. I already have a cool pose in mind, with the weapons I´ll still have to play around a bit.

Thanks a lot to everyone, and I´d be happy if more suggestions come up regarding the weapons itself, so far we have:
- Mummy like sorc-staff with different barrels on top (my fav)
- lots of skeletons carrying different weapons
- wielding different coloured flames, surrounded by fireballs, with one for each weapon.
- some sort of MultiCombi Weapons

·
464 Posts
@ZMB: I really like the rising dead idea, question is just how to model that nicely with the given space, without looking silly.
It would be a bit easier if you go with a larger base. If you really need to go with a the original base size you will be very cramped if you decide to use a model with terminator armour. One thing that could be done is to take a chaos sorcerer and elevate him enough to the point where he would be as tall as a Obliterator (for game purposes) and then I would go a simple arm swap on his bolt pistol. The arm swap would probably be that of one with an empty hand as to make it look as though a spell was cast or was commanding something to rise.

Below I would mix and match skeleton bits and guard bits and have them coming out of the earth about waist high as to not clutter the model too much. Perhaps one might be out and in position to fire but the others might be reaching for guns on the ground or something.

The more I am writing baout this I want to do it, but I am paint too many armies right now, but the best of luck to you no matter what you decide do.

Cheers,
ZMB

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well let´s both do one different conversion type and then compare them..

I´m not gonna start with it before january, (wont be at home over christmas time) so you have time for your other stuff.

I can write you a PM when I´d be ready to start. :)!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It would be a bit easier if you go with a larger base. If you really need to go with a the original base size you will be very cramped if you decide to use a model with terminator armour. One thing that could be done is to take a chaos sorcerer and elevate him enough to the point where he would be as tall as a Obliterator (for game purposes) and then I would go a simple arm swap on his bolt pistol. The arm swap would probably be that of one with an empty hand as to make it look as though a spell was cast or was commanding something to rise.

Below I would mix and match skeleton bits and guard bits and have them coming out of the earth about waist high as to not clutter the model too much. Perhaps one might be out and in position to fire but the others might be reaching for guns on the ground or something.

The more I am writing baout this I want to do it, but I am paint too many armies right now, but the best of luck to you no matter what you decide do.

Cheers,
ZMB
You just made my day. I always wanted to do an undead-themed chaos army. Now, sometime in the distant future, I may actually do so...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'd just use the standard Oblits, with a head-swap and some mummy wraps covering the mutated parts. Add a few power-cables exposed between the wraps, which could each be colored to represent one of the energy weapons available to them. It'd be a semi-simple conversion that would still be instantly recognizable both game and fluff wise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts