Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 1000 +

Votes: 3 4.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few interesting posts and some tags like "4-3-1 dwarf" so here's a poll.

How many games of Warhammer have you played? This includes 40k, Fantasy, blood bowl, mordheim, etc...

I've personally been playing Fantasy for 20 years and just recently began 40k as well these past few months. The number of fantasy games I've played is somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500... at home, at stores, in tournaments (gw and local), etc... I don't have an exact count as I didn't keep as good track of my gaming my first few years. But I'm wondering... I see some options of "I've never played a game" or the aforementioned 4-3-1... are these accurate or are you guys just underreporting?

Thanks for the info!

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
While I've still yet to lose w/ the 'Nids (call it dumb luck), I lost track past 100 games, so took any record out of my sig. Still, 100-200 or so ... only been playin' about a year and a half.

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
eeeh, I've probably played somewhere between 300 to 500 games(probably more, but I'm gonna just throw it there to be safe)

·
Registered
291 Posts
My sig is actual games to date, minues around 10 battles that were either multple people, me borrowing a friends army or funky for some other reason (ie, made up rules). I moved cities a few months back and unfortunately haven't really found anyone new to play yet, so those numbers haven't changed in a while.

I also played fantasy a little over 10 years ago and probably racked up 150-200 games (average of 2 games a night, more or less weekly, for about two years at the local GW veteran's night, plus a couple Grand Tournaments).

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
I've played somewhere in the order of probably 100-200 games since I began playing. A handful of tournaments and plenty of friendly games.

I also feel a bit dubious when I see people's WLD record. I always think, where are the people that have lost all these battles? Is there someone out there with a real W/L/D of like 0/20/10 for their army? Poor guy.

I suppose, most of these sigs mean that the army has played like 5 games. My eldar have probably been through around 60 and the tyranids around 90. I find the more I play, the more I lose :)

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
I've been playing for 3 and a half years now, averaging 1 or 2 games a week. Does that come to 200 or so games? somewhere around there.

My win ratio was one of those stupidly good ones until I found a gaming club and some quality players. o_O then it plummeted. It's around 50/50 now I think.

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
I know what you mean, Lordlink. When my mates and I were learning, I think my tyranids were a bit difficult for the other guys to beat (just a fluke - I didn't know it!) but as soon as I expanded out to a club, I plummeted like a wingless stone...

·
Registered
277 Posts
about 999 (.9)

hmm thats a tough thing to remember. I'd say I'd be edging towards 1000 even though Ive only been playing < 5 Years. back when I first started, i became a store regular at veterans nights, where you'd play 3 or 4 750 pt games each week. Now I just have a bunch of friends around around every fortnight for a mini club, which is why i still play alot.

I have found that Tourneys (and there lead up) tend to be what makes me play a lot of games, and Mordheim / Blood Bowl / escalation leagues makes a group competitive and eager to play

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
I've been playing WHFB, 40k, Mordheim and a bit of Necromunda for the past 12 or so years - I even managed to paly 2-3 games a day for 6 weeks straight once (god I miss school holidays) so I voted the 500-1000 bracket.
Also, I take the W/L/D record of some people with a large grain of salt. I don't believe that anyone out there can achieve a W/L/D record of 350/1/0 without cheating majorly or playing against themselves (which begs the question, how did they lose?)
Still, when I get my guard army assembled I will begin one just for kicks - although I think it will be seeing a lot more Draws than wins.

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
I've only played 18 (i believe) games of 40k and 2 (yes, 2) games of WHFB. Thing is, i've had my 40k army for about 6 years, I used to just like the models (even though they were DE:eek:).

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Is there someone out there with a real W/L/D of like 0/20/10 for their army?
Ah, that'll be me then, at least for the first...oooh, five or six YEARS of playing, I have ratcheted up a few wins in the last couple of years though.

I claim the moral victory for damn nearly every last one of them though, mainly because I can.

Anyway, I have absolutely no idea as to the numbers. Definately somewhere in the hundreds but that is about as specific as I can give you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.