Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm reading this book, "Blood Music" by greg bear. Its freaking the hell out of me. All the worse still cause the author's smart as hell so he more convincing then the worst horror movie.

I haven't been this afraid to go to sleep at night since i still believed in aliens that could move through walls. An AWESOME book!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a guy working on "biochips" i thnk meant to be slightly similar to bio-nano tech but on a less evolved scale. Anyway the guy makes 'intelligent' micro-organisms based off his own blood, injects them into himself, and they start screwing around with his phisiology and stuff. Where i had left off basically the little buggers were dismantleing people on the cell-level and the descriptions were like disolved people. Think nurgle fans but more bloated and gooy, and less defined anatomy.

except i got farther in the book and the little guys are benevolent for the most part, and no one really dies when they get disolved (way to ruin the ending, i know). but you can imagine reading this after a day of standing and reading all these wonderful descriptions of half disolved people and you think to yourself 'damn, i wish my knees didn't hurt' if that makes any sense ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
well, nano tech is improving quickly, i belive that the combination of nano tech and minituarization of chips will revolutionize medicine...
imagine a small nano-bot whos only purpose is to eliminate cancerous cells or HIVirus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.