Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to paint my Basilisks in Vostroyan colours. The way that the Eavy metal team did it when Vostroyans first came out was like this:
* ogre flesh spray,
* dry brush desert yellow,
* dry brush kommando khaki
* dry brush white (lightly)
* dirty with scorched brown

Now, the ogre flesh spray has I guess disappeared from the market and I do not care to go looking for it, so I am looking for tips that would substitute Ogre Flesh and not be a spray as it would have been preferable to find Ogre Flesh as a paint and not a spray.

So I come here asking what would a decent substitute be for Ogre Flesh, and if thats not possible how to they paint them these days i.e. what is different in the formula.

Also does anyone have any tips on how to get that really dirty metal they do on the metal parts of the Basilisk.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you tried any other 'Flesh' colours? Theres loads:
Rotting Flesh
Dwarf Flesh
Elf Flesh

Or you could try a similiar colour like:
Dheneb Stone Foundation
Bleached Bone

Try them out, they might be good enough for the job.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been thinking about it but I dont even know what Ogre Flesh looks like, since I cant find it anywhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All right, I'll have a scout around on the internet and see if I can find it.

--EDIT--
Just remembered, I have a wargames terrain book, and it has the old paints in. Ill go see if its in there.

--EDIT--
Nope, it's totally empty. But you could try Kommando Khaki, sounds like an Imperial Guardy colour and its darkish so good for a basecoat. But then again, it is one of teh drybrush coats... Bleached Bone wouldn't be a bad idea.

Besides, I don't think you could every get any sprays except for Chaos Black and Skull White, so not sure about the ogre flesh. Maybe its a foundation though??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, looks like I will have to experiment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts