Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started playing WFB and started collecting Dwarfs first. I have an opportunity to get some Ogre bulls and ironguts for fairly cheap.

My question is are Ogres good to add into a Dwarf army? Is it frowned upon? I don't want to buy them just to sit in my closet when that money could have bought me more Dwarfs.

Any advice on the matter?

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I personally didn't want a shooty army, so if its legal I think a unit of ironguts could help my dwarf army charge towards their units.

I think I'll get them, since I'm not having much luck finding cheap dwarfs, this will help me fill out my points for awhile.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
They are perfectly legal to take, and would add another dimension to a Dwarf force, being a lot quicker than your average dwarf warrior!

You may find some Dwarf purists frowning about the inclusion of Ogres in a Dwarf army, but just tell them your army is themed around an expeditionary force setting off into the land of the Chaos Dwarfs to reclaim some old Dwarfen relics or something, so they hired some Ogre mercernaries as guides

·
Registered
243 Posts
Im a experiance dwarf player and have used Ironguts in my army before to counter cavalry they seem to fit in as mine were converted to look like dwarves anyway (lots of green stuff beards and hair) so its up to you weather you want to stick with the just dwarf armies. plus a unit of Ironguts can protect a flank along side a unit of slayers (that was fun watching his face). It also opens the dorr to a number off conversions you could do.

Throkken out :drinking:

·
Inquisitorial Aspirant
452 Posts
I find leadbelchers to be an interesting alternative to the organ gun if you're looking for mobility.

·
Registered
138 Posts
In a balanced or Strollaz army ogres can find their place. I've tried them only once and they worked well as my oponent was totally unprepared for the ogres rushing up a flank.

Adds a nice diversity to the army, not to mention a fear-causing unit, but as a purist i must say that its a cheap way of compensating for one of the inherent weaknesses of dwarves.

Then again, i also think two organ guns arent cheese....

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts