Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody agrees with my thoughts that Ogres would function much better as an army if you were playing in a doubles match where your ally has an army capable of fielding mass troops? Basically you could almost say "Okay Pip (my imaginary friend), I will kick the @#$% outa those knights and trolls, you handle the huge +5 combat rez units". I know that it's more complicated in reality, but i tend to notice my friends always want my ogres backing them up if they can help it, even though i rarely win a game.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I agree. I play 2 units of 4 ironguts in my DoW army. Dealing with dwarves and ironguts is tough, especially with a Albion truthsayer who can resurrect an irongut (full wounds) on a 7+

They add a great 1-2 punch. I've seen people take them in Empire armies as well as something that add strong hits (empire and some of the other armies lack really strong hits)

·
391 Posts
Its listed in the OK army that others can take them so yes.

As to doubles. I see Ogre's working really well with Skaven. Skaven are faster then average have loads of nasty shooting and add huge numbers to the board.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can see OK as a great ally because they can fill in area's where his partner's army falls in, to a lesser extent range, but having a unit that uses of the artillery dice can be great fun(even if you go pop)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ogres are one of the best support armies out there.

Remeber one game i played with a nurgle deamon army. was so god damn funny. I went in and soffened everything up, then the deamons just destroyed everything that was left over.

I tend to use my ogre and woodies together in big games, really scares my oppenants :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts