Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are ogryn models so expensive, does anyone know of cheaper ways to get ogryns. I want to get a squad to mess around with but it would cost like $100 or so just to build a squad

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Why are ogryn models so expensive, does anyone know of cheaper ways to get ogryns. I want to get a squad to mess around with but it would cost like $100 or so just to build a squad
Welcome to Games Workshop!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's not too hard to convert them from the WHFB Ogrins. It might cost you as little as 20-30 dollars to make a squad from them

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I justified my Ogryn purchases by having them double as Obliterators for my Chaos Marines. Oblits are the same price and I like the Ogryn models better.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've outsourced my ogryn-gathering to a non-GW producer (Westwind productions, if anyone is curious). Then again, the fluff for my army would have my orgyns be guys in mech suits instead of abhumans. Your results may vary. I would agree with most of these people that Fantasy Ogre Bulls are the way to go, though you may need to do some bits-gathering to make them appropriate for 40k.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Ogre bulls? I say go with lead belchers, they may be more expesive but they're still cheaper than ogryns and they already have gun arms and what you can use as the base of their ripper guns.

The Emperor Protects

1 - 8 of 8 Posts