Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i cant do better anyway, and the jungle trees are 75 pence each, so split with my brother, it'll cost each of us about £10-15 for a lovely jungle board!

Oh then we can have those barricades which cost £1.66 each. again i can spend £16 and have 10 of those lovley 40k Obstacals! (Well it'll cost us £8 each)

And a few of those Tank Traps and Ammo crates hidden in the jungle, and in that ruin i made will cost us another £3 each!

So this is gonna cost us £26 (Roughly) Each
Thats about a months savings for us! <_<

·
Registered
156 Posts
i do agree! i know i kepe talking about scenery to you, but anyways. The first scenery i made was absolute crap!!! I keep on making things. Like for the crates that look like cylinders, use old batteries and look on google.com images for biolagical hazard signs and things and glue them on. Paint them silver and voila. Small cardboard boxes can make crates, paint them brown and again stick on pieces of paper.

Trees are hard, i cant do them. Alien plants are easy, get a ball that you can punch holes through, paint it green, and stick cocktail sticks in. That grass hint i gave you earlier, get gras and put it in water until it turns brown, stick it to cardboard and paint the cardboard. Bunkers and pillboxes ive added a post about, just cut a box down to size and put holes in to shoot through. Barricades, leftover toilet rolls, cut in half and had spikes put in them, bent so they stand up. The wasy of making scenery are endless. Sure go ahead and buy them, but making your own can be done alot cheaper, not easier, but it will become easier.

Lets see, £26 or £5, then if you save up buy some wood, and make an actual table to play on (put it on top of a dining table or something. or you could buy a mat that looks like grass to put over the top to make the game look more real.

something to think about, it wont make your brains pop out! :blink:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Sometimes the readymade terrain is just as good and even better then most players are able to build themselves...
Most of my terrain is bought, but then again I also try to use readymade terrain in my scenery projects.
The problem ofcourse is the price... everything costs... and some of the readymade terrain is really, really expencive...

·
Registered
346 Posts
You could get together with a few friends and have a terrain making weekend. Everyone gives each other ideas you split the cost and everyone benefits, you'll walk away with several new pieces of scenery and when you all get together, Voila instant battlefield. The best part is everyone keeps each other motivated so after a few hours your not like " I couldn't be bothered, it's all to hard whinge, whinge, whinge "
( not calling you a whinger ).

Speaking of Battlefield, I'm of to play Battlefield 1942 ( I lurve that game ) I can't wait till the Age of War 40000 mod is out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
holy...!!! that is pretty cool!!! how much did that cost?? the cheaper the better.

I have a new idea for scenery to, cliffs.
I know they have allready been made, but anyways. If you get a fairly big polestyrene block (not sheets) and chisel holes out of them, you have a cliff. also you could place a bunker on top of it for cover.

REMEMBER: When cuttin polestyrene it releases dangerous chemicals that cause cancer, wear a face guard thing.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The smaller peice was US$5-6, the larger one less than US$10. You can get a whole temple for $30. There are stores on line that carry resin aquarium terrain pieces. I also bought some mangrove roots and tree stumps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sweet!!! i must sound like a child whos gonna get the latest power ranger or sumin.

thats about £7, £25 for a temple.

Thanks

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah, im making my own again.

I found a copy of 'how to make wargames terrain' under my bed, and read a sentance: "Virtually anything can become a piece of terrain"

So i got some house hold bits together and made a little waste dump, bit Exast vents and barrals

Looks cool

·
Registered
156 Posts
glad your still sane!

can i just do a little poll here, who thinks scenery from GW is overpriced???

·
Registered
346 Posts
I bought 6 ready painted/flocked sandbag walls a few day ago. With a bit of dry brushing they should come around well. Every one of them is different but they're made out of resin so I need to clean up some of the messer parts of the mould. They were pretty expensive though

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You can get a lot of scenery accessories (barrels, wire, sandbags, brick walls, etc) from the 1:35 scale model kits. They have whole kits of nothing but scenery items. Verlinden also makes many very good premade scenery items. Much better and cheaper than GW.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.