Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so hear I am, standing on like about 40 unpainted SOB (half were a prize from painting Comp), not to mention a squad of Serephim, neatly (if I do say so mayself) converted using Swooping hawks wings, 10 painted SOB, a cannoness, again converted using eldar Sword and marine bolt pistol fitted with a bayonette and a scope and a forgeworld immolator as well as a priest delegation.

Witchhunters/hereticus is, according to Mel, going to appear in April, which leads me to..

AM I WASTING MY TIME?
are the colour schemes gonna change?
Am I painting models I wont use?
Am I converting models I wont use?

Arrggghhh

·
Registered
506 Posts
Are you wasting your time? YES OF COURSE SELL THEM TO ME! ;) Nha just kiddin, no your not wasting your time.

are the colour schemes gonna change? NO 99.9% sure. But either way it dosen't matter I have an army of order of martyred lady that although i use the right colours (sort of) it's completely different. I think all the current color schemes are crap anyway, they do no justice to the sob, the sisters can look far better than they really are. Either way if you keep it slightly simular you can classify it as a 'new' or 'radicals' of that order or better yet create your own.

Am I painting models I wont use? According what you already have no. Everything should still be there. The only thing you should be weary of are the redemptionists where there are huge rumors going around that their going bye bye or going there own way.

Am I converting models I wont use? surley thats almost the same as above? well you'r gonna need some form of hq so there's your canonness coming in handy, seraphim yes they are definatly needed (nice conversion by the way), prisestly delagation well add them to a battle sisters squad and thats got its activation button ready, battle sisters well that one's obvious, and immolator yep thats fine too.

And for goodness sake slap yourself silly until you calm down ;)

:w

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Hmm, OK well I think you answered a fair amount, Colour schemes are a relief, conversions is more a point of weapons and gucci new figs,

Anyway, found my older account (hence the change of name, serephim, or a cut down photo in may avatar

·
Registered
58 Posts
In the speech i heard the current models were not going anywhere they were just adding new ones.

as long as you dont convert a Sister with a missle launcher or Lascannon you should be alright.

Heck my sisters are all blood red and its my own division of Sisters

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Thankfully mine are, as per the Serephin on my Avatar - Ebon Chalice, dont tell me they are all black carrying coffee cups

·
Registered
857 Posts
Mine are the Order of the Nonstop Party, a.k.a. the Sisters of Funk. I've been talking big about my army, but recent financial issues have forced a spend freeze. So my completed Sisters and Canoness, looking very funky, are just sitting in my army box. Pity. Still, when they're done, they're gonna be AWESOME!

EDIT: I finally got my hands on a plasma pistol for converting, but it's the wrong hand- the right one. Hmmm, funny. Anyway- the only Canoness for sale where I am has a combi-bolter (flamer) in one hand and what looks like a holy icon in the other. Is this legal, seeing as how she has a two-handed weapon in one hand? What do you all say?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Since the Icon is not a weapon, it is entirely leagal, even if you replaced the icon with the plasma pistol it is still legal- you can take two one handed weapons or a one handed and a 2 handed, what you would not be able to do is fire the combiflamer and the plasma pistol in the same turn, nor would you be allowed to take it as 2 weapons to give yourself a second attack

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hmmm... I'm probably just going to chop & file off the combi-bolter and replace it with a plasma pistol, and make the holy icon a crozius arcanum-type power weapon. A ninety point Canoness with plas pistol, power weapon, Cloak of St. Aspira & Melta Bombs would do nicely till I get a Retributor or Dominion squad.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
OK on the conv front - be very carefull cos the combi weapon is against the cloak and very hard to remove, in the end i went for a bolt pistol by cutting off the bult of the gun, attaching the front of a bolt pistol from a marine sprue and geting jiggy wiith the green stuff, I then added a bayonette to the pistol from a marine sprue as well as a telle sight just so it looks gucci, the icon I removed, drilled through the hand holding it, added a CCW (sword) from an Eldar sprue and added a marine bayonette to the bottom of the hilt, result: cannoness with BP and Blade of A.

I dont rate the Cloak of St A for the same reason I dont use articifer armour for my marines..

Most likely the Cannoness will be in a squad so her individual save is irrelevent
I she does get singled out it will be in close combat and usually by some Champion of the other side who will, 9 times out of 10, have a power weapon or some method of ignoring saves.

Hence if I do spend points on the cannoness's armour I go for a rosarius

·
Registered
94 Posts
pluse that would be way to much money for game works shop to redo all the sob and i dont think any one would buy them because you can still play with the older typs

·
Registered
777 Posts
the old models are really nice, but I would still like to see them make new plastic mini's. Even an unsuported army like the dark eldar get plastic troops. Supposedly gw said that the sisters are in-compatable with plastic, but I think they're just being cheep. I would want the plastics mostly because they would be easier to convert, and because when you accidentilly drop a plastic moddle, it doesnt take quite as hard of a hit as a mettal mini does.

even if they dont make plastic models for the sisters, I am still hoping that they will start coming in packs of 10 instead of packs of 6.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
look at the new releases, you will find a new SoB squad, that is the old SoB squad with a new Vet Sister Superior, it seems reasonable to assume there are no plastic SoB coming out

·
Registered
777 Posts
I checked the new releases, and there are still only the sistesr of battle boxed sets that have 6 sisters in them (4 battle sisters, one flamer and one sister superior). Although I did see the sisters battle shrine at the uk online store, I didn't see anything in either the American or the UK new releases featuring sisters. I still hope that regardless of wether the models go plastic or not, they start selling them in box sets of 10.

·
Registered
58 Posts
THEY ARE NOT MAKING PLASTICS

This was the word from Andy at Gamesday

No sisters Plastics anything in the forseeable future

so that should end the plastic discussion

·
Registered
777 Posts
I would still like to see them sold in box sets of ten, even if they are metal. it doesn't make sense to buy a box of 6, especially when its cheeper to buy the blisters, in packs of 3. why don't they just sell them in sets of 10, just like how they can be deployed in the game in squads of 10? its just like how they sell hotdogs in packages of 10, but only sell hotdog buns in packages of 8(well actually they sell them in packages of 16, and sometimes ten. but hotdog buns in packages of 10 are very very very uncommon.)

·
Registered
777 Posts
ok ok ok. First every one thought I was asking for plastics. I do want plastics but I KNOW THATS NOT HAPPENING. Now it is thought that I wanted free models. thats not what I wanted either. I just wanted gw to have the sense to sell a box set of 10 battle sisters. they can up the price of the box by an appropriate amount if they want to. The models could change, they could stay the same, they couild have a random 10 battle sisters models in the box, they could have the same 10 battle sisters for every box for all I care, because I dont care. GW could do whatever they wanted to make money on every other aspect, and thats not what im asking for. all I want is a box set of ten. Il pay $30 for it if it has 4 more models. The truth is that I dont have to buy any box sets right now. if I want assault girls, I get two in a box for around $8. if I want battle sisters I get 3 in a blister for about $8. if I REALLY want a sister superior(and I do if I expect close combat) then I can allways convert one, but I can still buy one for about $8. The thing is that after getting 6+ boxes of sisters, I can't deploy 60 sisters. I have to buy 12 boxes to deploy 60 sisters ( 36 + 24, because I can only have one flamer and one sister superior per squad). How have I solved that before? blister. If all I need are battle sisters, regular nuns with regular guns, no flamers, no elites, no sister superiors, then I can actually buy the blisters in bulk, cheaper than the box sets. regardless of how expensive of the models, they havent been marketed well, because if they want to try to pull the hotdog bun speal they are only hurting themselves, because that could be one of the reasons why the sisters are so unpopular.
And this is all for the pure fact, that they can come in squad sizes of 10. If gw limited squad size to 6, that would be fine if they compensated some how, and then I wouldn't be b****in about how I wan't boxed sets of 10 sold. I would only even get riled up if they didn't make the squad of 6 good enough to compensate for the smaller squad size.
so thats it, thats all I wanted to say. Dont pull any other meanings out of it, dont acuse this statement of meening anything other than what It really is. and the statement is "I would like to see sisters sold in box sets of 10". Im tired of playing a game with blisters, and organizing my armies growth by multiples of 3, and although e-bay is great, its a pain in the neck for me to use because fed-ex doesn't ship to my mailbox.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.