Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you equip your Necron Lord with a warscythe, does it come with the built in guass blaster? im assuming yes, but in the description of warscythe it doesnt say anything about having a guass blaster in it...and the weapon for pariahs says the have the blaster built in..so, if you upgrade to the warscythe does it have the guass blaster? just a question =o

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope, the staff of light is replaced by the warscythe altogether. And its _just_ a warscythe no blaster. So with this upgrade your lord becomes a close combat monster with no range weapons.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oook, i have then decided to take the warscythe from my lord..(nother 10 points gone, but thats good thing)...my army is shooty..well, maybe i should leave it on him just in case..er..I DUNNO XD

·
Registered
153 Posts
yah well he roelz against enemy hq's, and 2d6 Armour penetration versus vehicles..

add the destroyer body to it, and you got a tank destroying monster who can move 12 inch , assault 6 inch, fall back/advance 3d6, and can kick major @ss against vehicles.. and a real nice toughness 6.

which will require most armies, 6's to wound in closecombat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm..i dont have enough wargear options left...and i guess i COULD take off phylactery....but that would mean bossting him up to 210 points...and that would be 2010 point army, im tryig t o keep it at exactly 2000 points, and i bave it at that right now...and plus i like the way the normal necron lord looks vs. the destroyer body ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, im gonna do that, but im prolly gonna be playing alot of 1v1 battles and everbody uses 2k in that type of game....so, i will make a list for 1500 though, but thats for another day

·
Registered
318 Posts
We play mostly 1850's around my neck of the woods. (Tourney practise!) in my 1850 I run 2 lords:

One with Vod and res orb: 200 points

one with res orb, Dest. body, phylactery, warscythe, chronometron: 205 points

first one teleports around the board with the 10, (yes 10!) immortals shooting tanks and other hard units, while the second usually links up with he Wraiths looking for Carnifexes and such to kill.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, i realized it would be to good of a improvment for just 10 pts....but they syhoulda made a different warscythe, without the green rod, cus that usually signifies it shoots...but oh well, thats that many more extra green rods for me

·
Registered
137 Posts
i did not put my green rod in i thought it looked a bit silly as they is no end to it.
sooo i just left it. i think it looks better without

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.