Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me track down (online) copies of old 40K artwork. I'm talking about decent size (maybe wallpaper resolution) of the artwork that used to be found on the 40K Rulebooks, novels that kind of stuff (a good example of "old" artwork being the Dark Angels image that was used on the "Let The Galaxy Burn" novel - see link below)

Let The Galaxy Burn by Christian Dunn & Marc Gascoigne | The Black Library | Bringing the worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 to life.

I've done the Google search thing and been through a few of the international GW sites but to no avail, anyone out there happened to spot any decent artwork sites on their internet travels?

Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Cheers, I've found these images on quite a few of the international GW sites, but I'm looking for older stuff! I did check out one of the "art of.." bookes but there wasn't much in that either!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've some very very old stuff, like way back when it was Rogue Trader (go wiki it younglings).

Had a pen-pal who's uncle was Chris Achilleos, who did some contract work for GW. Stuff like this. She sent me some of his stuff in hard copy.

If you find the names of some of the old artists you'll find they have their own sites. Why you looking for it? Art project, inspiration, or the like?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, nothing like that! Just personal interest really. I bought "As The Galaxy Burns" a while ago and it was seeing the art on the cover that reminded me of some of the old 40K artwork. I remember there being two or three really big art pieces that were used in the old 40K boxset (Blood Angels? on the cover, Ultramarines? on the rule book...) and I just couldn't remember seeing them recently, so I thought I'd try and track down copies on the internet.

I saw the Blood Angels one fairly recently as someone has produced a minature of the main figure at the centre of that artwork (I'll browse the conversion thread later and try and find the link).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.