Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Hi everyone! This is my very first post; I am getting back into 40k after probably a 10 year hiatus. I was going through a hobby store the other day and saw the new models; I was blown away at how good they look these days. So I thought I'd give it a go again.

Here is my predicament, rules back in 2nd ed were pretty different, and I want to make sure I first make a legal Blood Angels army, I also want to make sure I understand shooting and assault now, so this is more or less a 'newb questions' post.

Alright in the 4th ed Space Marine codex it says a HQ option is a Character along with his entourage. It states that an entourage can be a terminator squad, as long as the character is also in terminator armor. The problem I am seeing is that in the Blood Angels Codex, the one released in the 2 part format in WD doesn't have that option.

My question is a matter of inheritance of attributes. Since it states in the space marine codex that you can do it, does that mean Blood Angels can - Or since it doesn’t have that option with the BA, does that mean I cannot?
As an aside, I was thinking a close combat Terminator squat with a chaplain drop shipping in would be fun. Or maybe in a higher point game having a Land Raider crusader for them.

SECOND QUESTION!

Ok I am confused about shooting and assaulting and number of attacks. Example, an AssultCannon shoots 4 times and has rending, maybe something else, I can’t recall off hand.

Since a Terminator has 2 attacks, does that mean he can shoot effectively 8 times (2x4)? 3 attacks = 12 shots?! Or are the attacks ONLY for melee?

Q 2a: Say I take a Captain, whom has 3 attacks and slap him in Terminator armor - Does he get 4 attacks then? It states in Terminator armor that you get an extra attack.

Q 2b: Say Said Captain gets 3 attacks and has a pistol and power weapon, Does he get 5 attacks? (6 if 2a is true?)

Q 2c: What if the captain charges, for that round would he get 6 attacks, 7 if 2a is true?

Q 2d: What if I put 2 lightening claws on a Captain in terminator armor, it states that if I put an extra lightening claw on a model they get an extra attack, does that mean if they charge, have 2 LC, have terminator armor, + Captain, is that like 8 attacks?

Seems.............. crazy.

Thanks in advance,
Worms
:drinking:

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
For your fist question, the new blood angel codex stands on its own unless it specifically refers back to the space marine codex. So in other words the Codex: Space Marine dose not govern the Codex Blood Angels.

The attacks characteristic on a model’s profile only applies to CC attacks. (except for some Tyranid weapons, but that is specifically laid out in their codex)

2a) Yes Terminator armor grants a +1 to attack.
2b) Having 2 close combat weapons (power weapon & bolt pistol) grants +1 attack only. If you only have 1 CCW then you don’t get an extra attack at all.
2c) the +1 attack for charging adds to their total, so yes though the total would be 3 base +1 for terminator armor +1 for 2 CCWs +1 for charge = 6.
2d) lightning claws only benefit from the bonus for having 2 CCWs if both of them are lightning claws so if you have:
1 LC & a bolt pistol then it would be 3 base +1 for terminator armor +1 charge = 5
or if you have 2 lightning claws it would be 3 base +1 for terminator armor +1 for 2 CCWs (2 lightning claws) +1 for charge = 6.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
The answer Platypus gave concerning 2b is only partially correct. Models in terminator armour may only take wargear with an asterisk or T next to that option (a power weapon has one of those, but the bolt pistol does not.) A charging captain with pistol and power weapon with terminator honoursreceives the attack bonus's for charging and two one hand weapons as well as the attack bonus given from terminator honours.

If you took two one handed weapons allowed to be taken by models in terminator armour (such as two power weapons for example) than you would be able to benefit from the same number of attacks as the model with terminator honours and the pistol/power weapon combo.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Ahh...of course darkreever is right about the bolt pistol...not being an option for models in terminator armor...but the theory is still the same in reguards to taking 2 CCWs vs. taking 1 CCW. Thanks for that addition Darkreever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts