Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, another year, another codex. I'm pretty excited, because with this new codex, us deathskull mork worshippers (or gork, I dont care what you other skullz worship) get a lot of cool options to pick around. So, with a pretty large 4000 to 5000 point army right now, I decided to work on re-creating the 2000 point army that has won me several tournaments and won the orks quite a bit of reknown in the process. I have used a list similar to this for over 4 or 5 years, but decided to add and take out a few things. Things like adding lots more basic boys and zagstruk with his awesome new profile in favor of ard boyz and burnas. So, here it is, enjoy and leave feedback.

----

HQ:

Old Zogwort

Big Mek
3 Grot Oilers

Troops:

29 Ork Boyz
1 Nob
Bosspole
3 Rokkit Launchas

29 Ork Boyz
1 Nob
Bosspole
3 Rokkit Launchas

29 Ork Boyz
1 Nob
Bosspole
3 Rokkit Launchas

29 Ork Boyz
1 Nob
Bosspole
3 Rokkit Launchas

30 Gretchin
3 Runtherds

30 Gretchin
3 Runtherds

Fast Attack:

19 Stormboyz
Boss Zagstruk

Heavy Support:

Looted Wagon
Boomgun
‘Ard Case
Armor Plates

Looted Wagon
Boomgun
‘Ard Case
Armor Plates

3 Zzap Guns
3 Ammo Runts

----

Comes out to be 1997, and it has 208 infantry models, 12 Rokkits, 3 Zzapies, and two fatty ordanance for crowd control.

The basic idea is that when packed at the front of the deployment zone, this horde will reach the other side of the table by at the very latest turn three (but more often than not turn 2). The big guns sit at the back of the table and unload on the enemy armor and the tanks will spew some crowd control onto the heads of tightly packed units. The mek will repair what he can, and Zoggy will run with the boys into the enemy while trying to turn the enemy general into one very angry squig. Finally, Zagstruk will arrive and deepstrike into a lone unit that needs to be krumped. Of course grots before proppa boys, which will keep nearly every one of them alive.

The old army list that these boys were a part of had only lost 3 times before the old 'dex was retired, which were my first three games ever played over 4 or 5 years ago, and I had played well over a hundred or so battles with them. So, I'm pretty hopeful that this list will not disappoint.

Go ahead and tell me what your guys think, and can someone offer some advice how to beat this besides massive numbers of ordanance, as I play a nids player with nearly this many bugs and I cant seem to beat him with any army composition.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i like the list, i would suggest maybe kustom forcefirls just to hull down ur vehicals. And army the might do all right against this could be mass dire avengers with blade storm or necrons with a monolith or two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd suggest adding pks to the nobs in the boyz squads. In a tournament you might run low on time by the time after moving all those modles by the time you get to cc. I think the list looks really good, although zagstruck can be hit or miss, pray you dont get a bad scatter or thats 300 points down the drain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.