Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, I've been playing for a decent while now, but just got the inspiration to play IG after seeing the badass Nazi models from Forgeword >: D But anywhoo, just looking for some opinions on the lists I just came up with. The first portion is 1000 points, and then the second section is an addition onto the first list, which allots to a total of 1750 points.

1000pts:

110pts:
HQ - Company Command Squad
- Medi Pack
- Carapace Armor
- 2 x Bodyguards

160pts:
Infantry Platoon (Including Command Squad)
- Medi-Pack
- 2 x Infantry Squad (at 50pts, no additional equipment)

160pts:
Infantry Platoon

45pts:
Scout Sentinel
- Heavy Flamer (Or auto cannon, gonna change these up on this and the following scouts depending on how I decide to play them)
- Smoke Launchers

45pts:
Scout Sentinel
45pts:
Scout Sentinel
45pts:
Scout Sentinel

75pts:
Armoured Sentinel
- Lascannon
- Smoke Launchers

75pts:
Armoured Sentinel
75pts:
Armoured Sentinel

195pts:
Leman Russ Punisher
- Extra Armour
- Heavy Flamer or Heavy Bolter (As above with the sentinels, I haven't decided the best method of deplying this vehicle, and thus haven't taken a prefered liking to either weapon)

Alright, if you're still reading this thanks. xD That there above is the 1000pts of the first list. I'd like all of your opinions of that list, and the addition to that that is below.

750pt add on:

110pts:
Psycher Battle Squad
- 5 Additional Psychers

160pts:
Infantry Platoon (as above)

55pts:
Chimera Armoured Transport
55pts:
55pts:

45pts:
Scout Sentinel (as above)

75pts:
Armoured Sentinel (as above)

195pts:
Leman Russ Punisher (as above)

That's all. Thanks all for having a look at my lists, and please comment in full :3

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You need to look through the other posts here and follow the same general list format everyone else uses. I say this because I honestly can't tell exactly what you're taking.

As an example (For a Platoon):

125 Platoon Command w/4 x Melta, Chimera (Hull Flamer)
100 Infantry Squad w/Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Commissar
65 Infantry Squad w/Grenade Launcher, Autocannon

As another example, here's my own list for the army in my sig:

HQ
205 Company Command Squad w/4 x Melta, Astropath, Fleet Officer, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)

Elites
65 Guardsman Marbo

Troops
155 Veteran Squad w/3 x Melta, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)
170 Veteran Squad w/3 x Plasma, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)

Fast Attack
120 3 Scout Sentinels w/Autocannons
145 Hellhound w/Hull Multi-Melta

Heavy Support
165 Leman Russ Battle Tank w/Hull Lascannon
165 Leman Russ Demolisher w/Hull Heavy Flamer

1500 Total

Clean things up and we'll be glad to comment.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
HQ:
Lots of upgrades on these boys but they aren't actually adding anything other than orders to your list. Medipac is expensive and so is carapace armour. Just stick them in cover or behind a friendly unit and that should see them through. If these guys are going to be on foot grab a heavy weapon and thats pretty much all the need. If they're going to be in a Chimera give them special weapons for some close range accurate pain.

TROOPS:
Naked infantry add nothing to your list. Give these boys some guns. Autocannons are dirt cheap and 2 str7 shots is not something to sniff at. Loose the Medipacs on the PCS, it's too expensive for what it adds to a 30pt unit. Use those points to grab the platoons some guns.

FAST:
Scout Sentinels - Grab them Autocannons and leave them at that. Avoid upgrades.
Armoured Sentinels - These Guys are expensive for what is basically a BS3 Lascannon. There are better ways to add antitank to your list and for cheaper too.

HEAVY:
Punisher - Looks good but in all honesty you get more or equal kills from a normal battle cannon shot, which is cheaper by alot. Maybe swap this guy to another varient? A demolisher would give you some punch against troopers with a 2+ save and can ruin an enemy tanks day as well.

A good start but you've got things in your list that you're just not using. The platoons are one of the Guards best little Gems. They can load up on Heavy Weapons and with Orders like "Bring it Down" then can be pretty dang accurate at taking down big things. Plus with all those bodies they're great for holding objectives.

The next 750pts.

PBS - Not tried them myself so see how you go with them. I'd grab an extra Psyker myself. Just so you're wounding things like Marines/Orks on 2's. These boys NEED a Chimera to ride in. Not sure if you meant too but you're list isn't too clear. If you're going to take a Chimera put it with the unit as it makes the list easier to understand ;)

PLATOON - Again, as above. Get these boys some guns. Or with all those Chimeras, maybe get some mounted veterans for some mobile troop choices.

SENTINELS - If you took another one of each sentinel you'd have 4 Armoured and 4 Scout sentinels. Which unfortunatly you can't do. The max you can have in a squadron is 3 and you can't mix them so you'll need to re-think that one.

PUNISHER - Yeah same as above too.

Good luck with it. Have a think and a re-read and then post a new list :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts