Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I've decided to start a Wood Elf army. Coming from WoC, I wanted something completely different to them, so I figured that a highly shooty, low armour army is just what I needed.

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on Sprites and Kindreds, are they really worth it? I can understand some uses but for the most part they seem like point fillers.

I'm going to set up a blog account so I can track my progress with the Wood Elf army. I'll post the link here when it's up and running :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to be picking up a Battalion Box and Hero at the end of the week. The list I've made with the models I will get is pretty basic but it's a start. The list works out to be:

12x Glade Guard with full command and Aech - the banner of Springtide 193

12x Glade Guard with full command 168

8x Glade Riders with full command 228

12x Dryads with Branch Nymph 156

Wood Elf High Born with The Hunter's Talon, Amaranthine Brooch and A Resplendance of Luminescents 230

Total Points; 975

·
Registered
268 Posts
The only Spites I like are the Cluster of Radiants and an Annoyance of Netlings. The other's aren't really worth it. Also, I would suggest making a Branchwraith with both of those Spites for a Hero. You could easily make one from some normal Dryads with extra spite bits and more bits in general. I would recommend buying a caster before a Noble however, you really can't play without magic. Maybe a Lvl 1 with Calaingor's Stave. It would make a nice Spellweaver with a Wand of Wych Elm at higher points as well. Actually, a you can just fit a Lvl 4 Spellweaver in the list, which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Possibly a list looking like,

Lvl 4 Spellweaver

Branchwraith
-A Cluster of Radiants, An Annoyance of Netlings

11 Dryads
-Branch Nymph

2x 12 Glade Guard
-Standard Bearer, Musician, 1 with a Banner of Eternal Flame

6 Glade Riders
-Musician

996 point

Good Magic, Good Shooting and after a round of Magic and shooting, Dryads + Branchwraith should be able to handle everything else

Good Luck

Edit: Welcome to LO!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Temujin Khan and woodelvesblog. I like your list Temujin Khan, I may have to give it a try...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I would convert the Glade Riders into Wild Riders. It's pretty easy, just use some sword arms from the GG sprues. GR are just... not good, and a unit of 5 Wild Riders with Music/Standard is a very efficient unit imo, especially in 1k points. That would actually net you 5 more points, which I would use to get a Lord Bowmen for the unit with the Weaver for when you get charged, so you can toss him in front of the challenge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts