Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again this question comes to mind... why are the dark angels one of the shootiest SM chapters out there?? i dont get it... just because of death wing and raven wing? it makes no sense to me :huh:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't know why people call the one of the shootiest armies, they aren't. They don't have any more firepower than most other marine armies. A vanilla force can field just as much firepower. The only difference is the plasma cannon is allowed in DA tac squads, but its allowed in BT armies too. The deathwing can't field any more shooty weapons than any other terminator squad. They just get to field more terminators. The cost of the termies limits the number of weapons though. The ravenwing can field plenty of bikes and speeders, but again the point cost limits the overall number of weapons. Having played DA, I don't see them capable of any more fire power than other non-hand-to-hand marine forces. A vanilla force can field just as much firepower, and often more since the special units of the DA cost more and take up some of the points that could be used for shooters.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ppl call it the shootiest chapter (along with the salamanders) because it gets weapon options that the rest do not (and BT may get plasma cannons in their squads but they do not get devestators)

ppl call close combat chapters that because they get close combat enhancements that the rest do not (ie. close combat weapons)

About the terminator cost thing- that is exactly why i do not take terminators (in TVR they are doubly redundant) as well as the goddamn models being awful

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
speaking now after having just finished a game i can tell you the Dark Angels are no more shooty than any other chapter and probably less than many due to the increased cost of termies hq units and ravenwing units

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.