Librarium Online Forums banner

which army would be coolest to do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I have been out of Warhammer 40k for 2 years. I decided to get back into gaming. I saw the great Vampire minis and am torn wether to do 40k or fantasy. Okay, first is the fact I can make a 2k army for 300 dollars, whatever route I choose...So here is the dilema...

I can make a Space Marine army themed off the Spartans from 300...5 termies, 20 tacticals, 20 assualt, all have shields, spears, capes, gold armour, marauder heads, Leonidas made with green stuff, land raider, 2 rhinos, and ven dread...all made to look like heresy era armour too...

Or

Gears of war converted 40k army, again all planned out...space marine tacticals with catachan heads and arms, new 6 wheeled ork vehicle converted to look like GoW vehicle...etc...

Or

Viking/Norse myth themed WHF army...marauders, knights of the white wolf, tautogen guard, etc...Odin & Thor conversions....

Or

NEW Vampire army! 109 minis (all new ones) and codex for 277.00......why the heck ARE THOSE Blood knights (5) $75?????????????????? Ouch.....

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ooh it all sounds so cool. And as much as id like to tempt you into the new VC.. i really shouldnt. I wana see Odin and Thor! :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
How about making your vikings sailor dwarves? they both drink beer...

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
I voted for the Viking one, it sounds much more interesting than the others. Also, I've seen so much of people glorifying the Spartans, my head is almost at the point of exploding.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
First off, I'd go with Warhammer Fantasy without a doubt! I think the gameplay is sooo much better then that of 40k. I switched over to Fantasy myself after playing 40k. 40k is still a great game though, but I'd go with Fantasy 8Y

For Fantasy, I'd say go for the Viking one. Seems really interesting and fun. Dwarves seems like it'd go well with that.

Besides, I bet lots of people will be playing VC with the new army book and miniatures for them.

go dwarf vikings!
brush

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's between the Nordic themed WHF army, or a new Vampire Counts army. I'm in love with most of the new VC models, and will probably be getting myself some... especially the Corpse Cart. Although the Nordic thing sounds very cool. JUST NOT 300 THEMED MARINES

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Be sure to use some nordic runes within your painting :). Theres a site i know which has english > rune translators, but I can't remember it at the moment. Shouldn't be too hard to find though ;Y. I'm pretty sure actually if you did the dwarves, you could combine the nordic and dwarven runes together pretty well, and it'd look good, even if it doesn't make any sense :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts