Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ninja: Mwahahahahah, my first post and soom reign of terror shall be.... begun! but first I need a little bit of help.... Moving from 40k to WHFB and choosing an army, I thoughly read most all of the army books before being chased of by angry store keepers, so what I want is Terror!!! and to a lesser extent fear or flying and to a mild ichy level BIG monsters!!

Skaven: 0 big monsters (except in hellpit but that requires consent) Special choice rat ogres, which cause fear. Not so good. unless the bell causes fear?

Dark Elves: Ooooh beastmaster, he can have the big flying things things! (I cant remember fear or terror causeing though?) and bellow 2000 points to boot! Also Hydra as a rare choice and the lord can have an even bigger mount! Currently in the lead!

Tomb Kings: Bone giants! big and terror causing right? hmm..... is that it?

Ogres Just not big enough! Hm..... except maybe to rhinox riders cause terror? very expencive though......

Wood elvesTreeman as lord.... doesnt he take up a rare choice too? limiting. Dragons, good but still only 1. Plus the forest spirits making another cause terror......

I dunno much about the rest....

·
Registered
788 Posts
from what you have said I think Dark elves would be your best bet... Orks are getting a nice new giant and maybe spider riders but still not as much fun stuff as DE.I can't think og other races tyhat will suit your monster desire...

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
What about Chaos? Packs of daemons -- they be scary. Plus you gots your choice of various monstrous nasties.
And there's also the Vampire Counts. Virtually everything causes fear, terror's close cousin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah terrors banjo-pickin' pink Tshirt wearing questionably camp cousin! DID you know there are whole armies with Fear? thats right, common and girly as muck! VC, Ogres, TK!

Hmmmm. shall we say a beginers army of 1000points. so no rare or lord.

DE: 1 beastmaster riding manticore. Terror Flying BIG monster.
WE: 1 Terror causeing character. Maybe flying on eagle.
CD: 0 terror causesers under 2k points.
HE: 0 terror causesers under 2k points.
SK: 0 terror causesers under 2k points.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
hmmm, you do know you can take a rare slot in a 1000pts?

so DE has beastie on manticore or noble with deathmask and a hydra to choose from.

same with Tomb kings, character with terror item + bone giant.

although if you want terror and big beasts Dark Elves is definitely for you as you can pack get 4 terror causing monsters in a 2k game(HB on manti, beastie on manti and 2 hydras).

also its enough causing fear to be unaffected by fear and armies like TK and VC are immune to psychology altogether.

but yeah... Dark Elf is the way to go if beasts are your thing, its seems the Dark Elves are also getting access to a giant as well so even more goodness :w00t:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upon further research I have discovered the best army for causing terror (prety obviously in hind sight) is VC

2+ terror causing etherial wights.
1 black coach.
1 banner

so 4 easily, and at 2000 pts up to 7 without difficulty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts